Yahoo mail?

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm only posting this here because it's an issue i find in the newer Roms, but works fine in stock. Did Android or Yahoo kill email support in the standard email client to force us to use a yet another app for email? Otherwise can't imagine why something that worked in 2.2 doesn't in 2.3. Or is it just something broken in the Gingerbread roms, since it really isn't for our phone yet.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
What application are you using? If you're using the Yahoo! app, chances are it's Yahoo! not updating for Gingerbread since it's not out for most devices yet. I believe currently, Yahoo!'s mail application will only work for 2.1/2.2 devices. They just got to add 2.2 support for Galaxy S users in the last update.

They are slow on keeping up those apps.

If it's the stock mail client that's built into Android, I imagine your settings got wiped when you loaded a new ROM. Check your port and server settings.

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I was referring to the stock Email app, not the Yahoo app. In 2.2, and maybe even 2.1, you could just put your email address and password into the settings, and it would automatically work, without having to do the ports and special things. In the gingerbread roms, it's not working again. haven't looked up the port settings to see if it works that way yet