help with bootanimation

woahboi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I need a little guidance here. I have downloaded a bootanimation and can't seem to make it work. I have tried with metamorph but don't quite get what I should write as the .thm file path for the bottanimation. I'm kinda usually able to figure these things out but have had no such luck with this. Oh. I have rooted rooted my phone and have sirpsychos boot animation now. Is there a diffrent place to push bootanimation since it is from his recovery thing? If anyone could give me a step by step or a link to a good one please do. Its been a little frustrating. Sorry one more question.what is an adb shell. I've seen some posts about running it on windows in an ubuntu enviornment but was wondering if it had to be done on linux or if it can be done from my phone. I don't have a laptop anymore it died. So any help or answers would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
First off, I'd like to start by saying the answers to all your questions are on this forum and just a search away... That being said, are you just trying to install a new boot animation? It's fairly simple but you need to use ADB to push it onto the phone, although I suppose you could do it with a Terminal emulator right on the phone.

Basically though, download the bootanimation you want, name it "bootanimation.zip" (it should download that way), and type:

adb push LOCATION_OF_FILE/bootanimation.zip local/data

PM me if you have more questions

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Or just get Droid root helper from the market download the tools folder and place the bootanimation in the bootanimation folder go into the app mount the system and click flash bootanimation. A few seconds to flash it no typing involved.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Or just get Droid root helper from the market download the tools folder and place the bootanimation in the bootanimation folder go into the app mount the system and click flash bootanimation. A few seconds to flash it no typing involved.

jeez... it really was that easy. thanks!

now.. i've got the nexus boot animation, anyone have any other suggestions?

EDIT: just grabbed the infamous Red Rage from alldroid. Now I can't decide which one I like better! I found droidboots.com, but other than the Nexus animation, the rest leave something to be desired.

Link to Red Rage @ alldroid for those interested:

http://www.alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=1662&start=0

Last edited:

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Im still having trouble with this for some reason... I just put the red rage zip on my sd card in tools in the place where it says put boot animation here.....i reboot the phone and no boot animation after the Moto M, just a black screen. No matter what I do this seems to happen

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
You still have to do commands in cmd to push the boot animation, cant just put it there and go. its VERY simple though.

After putting it in the folder, hook the droid up to the computer and do the following commands

Open cmd.exe c:\android\tools> prompt you type adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

Then type adb reboot

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I used droid root pro which is supposed to do that part for me if i am not mistaken... it says it flashes new boot animations if you put it in the right folder and then select the option. Its obviously flashing something....a blank command

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
it's much easier with droid root helper. Simply put it into their tools\bootanimation\ folder and press the mount read/write, and then flash bootanimation buttons. Reboot -- voila!