Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First CM7 RC has Landed for the Droid!!!

In mid-February the first round of RC's (release candidates) popped up for CM7 on some devices. However, the Droid was not one of those.

Finally today the second round, RC2, has hit for several devices and this time includes our beloved Droid. I know there aren't a ton of people on this forum that still run the Droid, but for those of us that do, we can do a bit of a happy dance today.

Checkout the link and download cm-7.0.0-RC2.

Thanked by:
    Regular lawnmower man...

ROM
    Stock

We skipped RC1 and went straight to RC2!

...That don't seem right. At least call RC2 RC1 for the sake of us OCD-types.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    In mid-February the first round of RC's (release candidates) popped up for CM7 on some devices. However, the Droid was not one of those.

Finally today the second round, RC2, has hit for several devices and this time includes our beloved Droid. I know there aren't a ton of people on this forum that still run the Droid, but for those of us that do, we can do a bit of a happy dance today.

Checkout the link and download cm-7.0.0-RC2.

Thanks, I would of just got this from ROM Manager but since I had to get a new phone and paid through Paypal and Koush won't reply to anything I send him, all I can get is the free version...*frustration*

PS. I will never support Koush again...terrible dev in my opinion!

ROM
    CM10 Hacked

I woke up this morning and thought I was the first one to see this! I know there are still plenty of people rocking the Droid. Can't wait to flash this.
    Run Silent, Run Deep

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

Does anyone have a link to the latest gapps handy? I've always used Rom manager to auto download it but not this time.

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

Nevermind, I found it!

is the main page with all the downloads we might need!
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

Hows it running for you guys?

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Sploinkin View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the latest gapps handy? I've always used Rom manager to auto download it but not this time.
    If you have auto downloaded it before its aready on your SD card in the clockworkmod/download/goo-insede.me/google-apps then the zip file finally.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Just flashed this morning and it's been smooth, no speed bumps so far.

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

Quote Originally Posted by scarryman04 View Post
    If you have auto downloaded it before its aready on your SD card in the clockworkmod/download/goo-insede.me/google-apps then the zip file finally.
    There is a new one signed 3/7/11
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by scarryman04 View Post
    Thanks, I would of just got this from ROM Manager but since I had to get a new phone and paid through Paypal and Koush won't reply to anything I send him, all I can get is the free version...*frustration*

PS. I will never support Koush again...terrible dev in my opinion!
    I didn't get the update notification in ROM Manager. It would notify me of nightly build updates, but not that the RC was available. I think it looks for the next-in-line of whatever you're currently running. I don't anticipate my ROM Manager alerting me to a new nightly while I'm running RC2.

As many apps as Koush has under his belt, I'd give it time if you haven't already. Hell, he changed the icon back in 24hrs when a bunch of users left comments on ROM Manager. He's actually one of the more attentive devs I've seen.

In fact, if it weren't for Koush, you wouldn't have CM7 for your Droid. He's one of the 3 or so maintaining devs for CM on the Droid.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeOlivera View Post
    Hows it running for you guys?
    Quick, stable and sexy. Love my Chevy No. 1 kernels on CM. Makes my DX jealous.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

I didn't get the update notification in ROM Manager. It would notify me of nightly build updates, but not that the RC was available. I think it looks for the next-in-line of whatever you're currently running. I don't anticipate my ROM Manager alerting me to a new nightly while I'm running RC2.

As many apps as Koush has under his belt, I'd give it time if you haven't already. Hell, he changed the icon back in 24hrs when a bunch of users left comments on ROM Manager. He's actually one of the more attentive devs I've seen.

In fact, if it weren't for Koush, you wouldn't have CM7 for your Droid. He's one of the 3 or so maintaining devs for CM on the Droid.
    Yeah, it is in the free Cyanogen folder not the nightly build folder.

I gave him time...he tweets multiple times a day and I tweet him 5 min later and he never replies, and no replies on email.

And regarding the icon, what a bunch of D-bags...I liked the new icon personally, and how lame is that to cry about a icon lolz
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Try contacting him through the channels he's established for support. i.e. email the dev via the Market.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlys

I just updated to this. WOW I love it!!

It's awesome! I can't wait for the stable release, but this one is perfect! The new GB style is amazing, and the ROM is running smooth as ice!

Love it!
    OG Droid > Moto Droid 3.

is it as slow and laggy as the nightlies?

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlys

One problem im having, Beautiful widgets can't geolocate me for my weather. although maps and latitude is showing my exact spot?

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlys

Quote Originally Posted by boristhebladexx View Post
    is it as slow and laggy as the nightlies?
    No it's not. vary smooth and fast!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

I installed it on my sister's bf's Droid and he loves it. He also has no idea what root is aside that it will void warranty but he has no complaints.

It seems like CM7 is the most stable CM rom to date? I never liked any of the previous versions on my droid (always experienced slow home-screen refreshes) and didn't like 6.1 on the DInc. Now I don't use any other rom other than cm7.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlys

Geolocation is not working for CM7. Thats the only thing i can find wrong with it. I always wanted just the clock on the homescreen, and not the clock and the weather. lol

Mine is pretty stable, BUT -

My home screen lags horribly. Almost every time I hit the home button to get out of any app, my phone has to reload the launcher. The whole screen turns black except the notification shade for about 2-3 seconds, then my background loads, then my shortcuts, and then finally my clock widget at the top. Then it runs slow for 5-10 seconds, and if I open the app tray it has to repopulate the icons in the app tray.

I'm using LauncherPro, but it does the same thing with ADWLauncher. My CM6.2 or whatever it was didn't do this. We installed CM7 on my girl's, and hers is doing the same thing.

It's really, really frustrating and while I love EVERYTHING about gingerbread - especially the locking animation - if I can't fix this I'm flashing back. I can't handle how slow it is trying to reload the home screen.

Any ideas?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

From time to time I've had that same problem with LP. Give it time, we're still not to a final release, this is just an RC. I expect things like this to be pretty well ironed out for the final.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlys

This release is working perfectly for me. Besides the geolocation deal but I can live with that

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

From time to time I've had that same problem with LP. Give it time, we're still not to a final release, this is just an RC. I expect things like this to be pretty well ironed out for the final.
    Yeah, I've had it before but its been a long time. And if it were just launcherpro I'd use ADW, buuut it's both :/

I even turned on the "lock in memory" option and it still doesn't work right. Meh, any ideas? Any tweaks I can do?

Is noone else's doing this?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast