Can ROM Manager flash stock 2.2.1 recovery image?

Mlamp

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
What I want to do (and I've searched and searched with no clear/clean answer) is replace the ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1 recovery image with the stock recovery image. After that I plan to uninstall ROM Manager and finally un-root.

I have an original Droid that is rooted (Super1Click). I'm running ROM Manager v3.0.0.7 with ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1 recovery image. I am running the stock OS 2.2.1 FRG83D, not a custom ROM.

I've found folks saying ROM manager can replace the stock recovery image but I can't seem to find out how.

I hope I've asked my question intelligently as I'm not an expert but know just enough to be dangerous.

Thanks for any help.

Mlamp

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Almost sounds too easy as I thought unrooting would simply remove super user permissions. I didn't realize rooting/unrooting did anything with the recovery image.

Mlamp

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled ROM Manager and unrooted. I don't think the stock recovery image got replaced. I don't think so because I just received the official FRG83G update. I let it install but upon it's automatic reboot, I'm still at FRG83D - this means the update did not install and I suspect it's because there is something wrong with recovery image.

I'm wondering if the ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1 recovery image is still being used. How can I verify which recovery image I have?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member