Can not access recovery, just white triangle of death...

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I used super 1 click to root, and it shows i have SU access. Downloaded RomManager. If I try to reboot to recovery I get the white triangle, if I download a custom rom, the backup and wipe as soon as it reboots I get the white triangle, if I reboot the phone holding X i get the white triangle.

I have even removed rom manager permissions, tried again and it asked to allow and I said ok.

Any help on getting past this??

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are presented with a screen with no text, and a graphic of a triangle with an exclamation point in it and an arrow pointing to a phone, you're in stock recovery.
(looks like this)
droidstockrecoverylogo.gif

You have to go one step further to get the recovery menu. This is the missing step.
The UP DPAD button: Watch for "rebooting your phone" and do dpad up before the phone boots to "catch the boot" and come right back into the bootloader.

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Have you flashed a custom recovery? It should be the first option in Rom Manager.

This is what I missed. I really did think I had done this step. Looked at the instructions again and again, and finally figured I would try them all again. As soon as it flashed I knew I had not done it...opps

Now I am on CM7, my Astor backup worked great and so far really liking the Cm7 build. It solved the issue I had of my apps not updaing.

Time to go donate to some people!!!!

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are presented with a screen with no text, and a graphic of a triangle with an exclamation point in it and an arrow pointing to a phone, you're in stock recovery.
(looks like this)
droidstockrecoverylogo.gif

You have to go one step further to get the recovery menu. This is the missing step.
The UP DPAD button: Watch for "rebooting your phone" and do dpad up before the phone boots to "catch the boot" and come right back into the bootloader.

Why would he want to get into the bootloader?

From that screen you want to hold volume up and camera to get into the stock recovery menu.