Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sholesmod Updater Shut Down?

I was just checking to see if there were any updates to apps tonight and noticed that Sholesmod Updater has been removed from the market! Their site is down and the updater isn't pulling any roms. A quick google search and NObody is talking about it, so I think it must have JUST happened. Anyone know what's going on?
    Roy Aguilera

That is odd.

Wow.. sure hope not. Very odd.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If Sholesmod dies, I'm going to bury myself with it I think... <.<

Quote Originally Posted by tuxedojacob View Post
    If Sholesmod dies, I'm going to bury myself with it I think... <.<
    I'm with ya there!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm really getting uppity about this... any updates?

This is going to ruin my day, please don't tell me they were shut down.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I'll post something if I see them back up, but as of now they're still down.

I will now not be sleeping very well tonight I will be checking up on the situation very often. I bet they were shut down as the app was pulled from the market. I bet CyanogenMod is the next to go.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

That would be such BS, Sholesmod and Updater are the best things about my DROID. I will be very unhappy if Moto tries to pull an Apple.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

If anyone can do any irc chat, the info is below - check it out and report back!

(I don't know much about irc)

#sholesmod on chat.freenode.net

That would be such BS, Sholesmod and Updater are the best things about my DROID. I will be very unhappy if Moto tries to pull an Apple.
    To be fair Sholes team kind of spit in Motorola's face by making this app available in the Market and calling even more attention to it. Foolish decision on their part. Hope it was worth the $5 donation per sale on the market.

The software is open-source, the device is not sadly..but this is how it always goes. modding/hacking is a game of cat and mouse. If they're gone now they will be back.

and heres a link with info
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Found it out:

phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Yeah that's bull I wish I hadn't paid for the app and Just donated on their site

edit read more of it and Ron says their still good so ill drop it and wait for the next update
    Last edited by thebizz; 02-18-2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Rooted for life

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If that is truly how it went down, then that is shameful and I feel bad for all of those who put a lot of time, and bricked phones into making something great. Unfortunately, it's the world we live in.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

this is a true shame..I coulda swore I saw the app not 3hrs ago in my downloads..and when doing an app search for "root".. terrible..I paid the $5 in the app store..I just bought the app yesterday too! Oh well..

EDIT: I just checked to confirm..no more smupdater in my downloads..ran the app..and the only option I had for the app is to download the stock 2.0.1..no more 2.0.3 or 2.0.5..sad day..
    Last edited by popsc.comp; 02-19-2010 at 01:17 AM.
    Roy Aguilera

Same thing happened to G-unit
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Their now here dont know what's going to happen with sm update

Rooted for life
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I switched to Bugless Beast 0.7.6 last night, seems pretty good - figure it's just something I'll have to get used to, so might as well start now...

On another note - how well/hot/stable does 1 GHz run on DROID?

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

So how do we start a refund process for an app if the timeframe has gone past the one day that the Marketplace gives for it?

SMUpdater is no longer the same app that was purchased, as it cannot even be used for its original intended purpose. It either needs to start working again or we should be entitled to a full refund.
    Follow me on Twitter! @clr007

Also download and try out Foursquare... it's a pretty cool app. If you do, send me a DM on Twitter and friend me, especially if you're around the DC/Northern Virginia area.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I switched to Bugless Beast 0.7.6 last night, seems pretty good - figure it's just something I'll have to get used to, so might as well start now...

On another note - how well/hot/stable does 1 GHz run on DROID?
    depends on your phone everyphone runs differently at that speed
    Rooted for life
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Quote Originally Posted by clr007 View Post
    So how do we start a refund process for an app if the timeframe has gone past the one day that the Marketplace gives for it?

SMUpdater is no longer the same app that was purchased, as it cannot even be used for its original intended purpose. It either needs to start working again or we should be entitled to a full refund.
    i have a fealing it will start working again i dont know how soon. but they stopped the sale of the app until they can start a company for all the donations. so they dont get taxed like crazy on the donations they recently changed sites so after moving everything and rewriting it download from their new server, will be a little of a wait but i think they will get it done
    Rooted for life

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Well, if they're coming back then I have no problem with keeping the app and not asking for a refund. My concern was that I had spent $5 last week on something that's currently able to give me about as much joy as a Starbucks paper cup after I'm done enjoying my morning coffee...
    Follow me on Twitter! @clr007

Also download and try out Foursquare... it's a pretty cool app. If you do, send me a DM on Twitter and friend me, especially if you're around the DC/Northern Virginia area.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

I'm not a spokesman for them but this is their new site with forums. Ask your ?s there I guess :P Looks like development will move on...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast