1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default fast rom

ok so i have had the droid since it came out and it just keeps getting slower and slower maybe im doing something wrong maybe its that the technology is rocketing so far ahead its having trouble keeping up i dont know. what im looking for is a fast stable rom that might bring me back up to speed with the rest of the phones out their or at least close.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

I'd suggest either Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 or Simply Stuning 5.2, or just flash a overclocked kernel and it should bring your phone from the grave.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlys

+1 on Ultimate droid. It's pretty dang fast with OC to 1100

ROM
    Stock

I'm new to this but have flashed a handfull of ROMs by the biggest names and have had great success with Simply Stunning 5.2. I feel its the fastest I've used so far.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

I would have to suggest MIUI. I never have screen redraws, it's really smooth when scrolling through home screens.

Quote Originally Posted by xesso View Post
    I would have to suggest MIUI. I never have screen redraws, it's really smooth when scrolling through home screens.
    I tried it today, really because of your post, and I have to be honest. I don't care for the interface. Everything is rounded and smooth. Far too iOS/OS X for me.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

just installed Ultimate Droid and man it was hard to find. but it seams to just what i was looking for thanks for all the help.

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    I tried it today, really because of your post, and I have to be honest. I don't care for the interface. Everything is rounded and smooth. Far too iOS/OS X for me.
    Same with me. If I wanted iOS I'd buy an iPhone.

Try Peter Alfonso's Gingerbread ROM, it's up to 2.3.3 and pretty much a vanilla ROM for the OG Droid. He also has a couple low voltage kernels 600 mhz up to 1.25 ghz, personally I'm running 1ghz and only overclocking to 800 mhz, don't need anything more it's that smooth. Throw on Launcher Pro and your set.

Default Re: fast rom

Ok...I'm a newbie and need step by step...where do I get the Ultimate droid. my build is a FRK76 and pretty basic.