Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I take no credit for the release of the .sbf file nor any of Motorola's software or drivers.

IF THIS IS DONE WRONG IT CAN AND WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE BEYOND REPAIR OF EVEN VERIZON SINCE THIS IS THE TOOL THEY USE! DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE DURING THE PROCESS! I WILL NOT OFFER SUPPORT AND NOR SHOULD ANYONE ELSE! IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING PLEASE LEAVE RIGHT NOW.

THIS COMPLETELY WIPES YOUR PHONE AND REFLASHES IT! YOU WILL NEED TO REACTIVATE YOUR PHONE WHEN THIS FINISHES!

Requirements
A.
2.00 http://www.mediafire.com/?o2jetlnyn34 (.sbf file)
or
2.01 http://www.mediafire.com/?2nojyrkfznj (.sbf file)

B. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzjmngizmj (RSDLite 4.6)
C.
http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Common/Drivers and Plug ins/USB_Drivers_32_bit_4.2.0.zip (32-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
or
http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Common/Drivers and Plug ins/USB_Drivers_64_bit_4.2.0.zip (64-bit Motorola USB Drivers)

Instructions:
1. Download all of the files above including the 32-bit OR 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers.
2. Install RSDLite 4.6 AND the 32-bit or 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers (Depends on your system most will need 32-bit some will need 64-bit)
3. Connect your phone to USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
4. Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
5. Click the ... next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file and double click the .sbf file.
6. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress and all of that.
7. Once your phone is done being flashed (It may take a while so don't unplug it) it will reboot and you will be back at stock 2.0.1 no root.
8. Done

Credits:
dordodim for the sbf file.
Motorola for the awesome phone, usb drivers and RSDLite (Thanks Ron for pointing out where I could find the USB Drivers and RSDLite)

End notes:
Have fun.

Original Guide (Also by me):
AllDroid - View topic - Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf

Last edited:

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
No, it is not showing in the numbered area. I do have the moto icon in the tray showing that a device is connected, but it is not picking it up.

And you did install the drivers right? Did windows pop up and say it installed the driver for you?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Are these different drivers than the ones that you use with adb. sounds dumb but have to ask don't want to add extra cap to my comp

NEKRO

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Are these different drivers than the ones that you use with adb. sounds dumb but have to ask don't want to add extra cap to my comp

Not quite sure. Sorry - that territory is still new to me. I am going to reboot and see if that helps with my permissions. I am thinking the error is on there. I was even able to due a moto connect update so I know that the application is "running" correctly.

Thank you.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes sir, I am running 64 bit.

Hm... Try putting it into compatibility mode for XP and make sure run as administrator is checked as well. I'm not running 64-bit so now I'm troubleshooting blindly lol.

Try entering bootloader after you reboot and if it asks for drivers or installs drivers again you should be good... If not you may want to check your device manager for your device.

NEKRO

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hm... Try putting it into compatibility mode for XP and make sure run as administrator is checked as well. I'm not running 64-bit so now I'm troubleshooting blindly lol.

Try entering bootloader after you reboot and if it asks for drivers or installs drivers again you should be good... If not you may want to check your device manager for your device.

Thank you for the help...all and all this seems like it should work well for others. I think my issue is PC based.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the help...all and all this seems like it should work well for others. I think my issue is PC based.

Hm... I'm sorry I couldn't help. :( You may want to try to post in the original guide on alldroid to see if anyone is able to help you over there.

Doughdaddy

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I bricked my Droid into a boot loop and have been trying to find a fix all morning since I had no back up. I found this post and tried it. It worked great and I really appreciate the info and ease of following it.

Now it's off to create a back up. ;)

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I bricked my Droid into a boot loop and have been trying to find a fix all morning since I had no back up. I found this post and tried it. It worked great and I really appreciate the info and ease of following it.

Now it's off to create a back up. ;)

I'm glad this worked for you and I'm really glad my guide is easy to follow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2