1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default CM RC 4 or UD 3.1.1

I have tried both and RC 4 seems to be a little faster and doesn't lag as much, but I prefer UD more. Are there kernals I can try to speed them up with? If so do I need to use specific ones or can I use some of the big ones out there?

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts

I'm curious too.

RC4 with Chevy's ULV 1.2Ghz works for me, 1.25 Ghz didn't play nicely.

I use RC4 with Chevys ULV 1.2GHz as well. Very fast, very stable.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

There are tons of kernels you can use. I use Chevys LV 1Ghz, my Droid didn't like the ULV, I just bootlooped So make backups before experimenting with kernels.

UD has waaaaaay more customization options than CM7, I prefer UD although CM7 is a very fast and stable ROM also.
    Last edited by scarryman04; 04-03-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlys

Quote Originally Posted by scarryman04 View Post
    UD has waaaaaay more customization options than CM7, I prefer UD although CM7 is a very fast and stable ROM also.
    Hmm. lol I feel like CM has a ton more custom options than UD. I couldn't figure out how to delete home pages, and change the # of column's and row's in UD.. Although i do like the launcher.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Hmm. lol I feel like CM has a ton more custom options than UD. I couldn't figure out how to delete home pages, and change the # of column's and row's in UD.. Although i do like the launcher.
    The launcher in CM has more customization than UD because CM uses ADWLauncher and UD has a custom UD made launcher.

I meant ROM customization options, such as, changing the boot animation, fonts, themes, things like that.