What's Considered the Best Custom ROM for the Droid?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
to each there own but my fav is Bugless Beast v7.9 try it against any rom out there and see for yourself

Had nothing but issues when I tried that Rom but I heard good things about it. Droid mod is great. a lot of under good things that make Me love droidmod

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Since everone is talking about droidmod can anyone tell me were to find it want to give it a shot?

google it... droid life did a piece on it today cuz it was updated yesterday. it should be the first link. droid mod is an updated version of 2.0.1 with multitouch and now live wallpapers. u still need the 2.1 launcher app to get the full function out of the live wallpapers.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
personally. i like the beta.02 rom. smoked glass is cool but its not 2.1 its 2.0.1 with all the 2.1 apps preinstalled on top of it. it also changes nething green to blue 9i.e. the battery icon, smiley icons and the market) it also doesnt have live wallpapers. beta.02 is an actual copy of 2.1. it has all the bells and whistles and runs pretty well actual. it needs to be over clocked to atleast 800mhz though.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Been using the Bugless Beast mods as of late, up to 1.1 with AdamZ's kernal with no issues. It contains a number of features also.

geeanywhere

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have been having massive force close with BB and Unlimate. launcher 2.1 is like worst for any rooted ROM. Right now in process to using Droidmod.. * crossing fingers *

R

Roy Aguilera

I have been having massive force close with BB and Unlimate. launcher 2.1 is like worst for any rooted ROM. Right now in process to using Droidmod.. * crossing fingers *

Live Wallpapers used to be the biggest issue. Those have been fixed. I wonder how long it will be till someone fixes that launcher?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would love to see the launcher fixed.

That's funny some are saying that they have problems with BB and I have not. I have been running live walls to test for the last 3 days and no crash or FC. On the other hand I have tried other ROM's that people have said were stable and all my phone would do is crash and FC. Starting to wonder if each phone is a little different and more stable on different ROM's then others. Maybe the app's were running make the difference.

R

Roy Aguilera

I would love to see the launcher fixed.

That's funny some are saying that they have problems with BB and I have not. I have been running live walls to test for the last 3 days and no crash or FC. On the other hand I have tried other ROM's that people have said were stable and all my phone would do is crash and FC. Starting to wonder if each phone is a little different and more stable on different ROM's then others. Maybe the app's were running make the difference.

Bingo... That is it.;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2