View Poll Results: Rooted? Not Rooted? Not sure?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rooted

    25 71.43%
  • Not rooted

    7 20.00%
  • I am not sure

    3 8.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    GenericMessage
    GenericMessage's Avatar
    Guest

    Default Rooted/Not Rooted/Not sure?

    Are you rooted, Not rooted, or not sure?

    Say it here, and why for your choice.







    I am just very intrigued by the rooting thing, so I thought this might be neat.
  2. #2  
    Brett's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,394 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

    Default

    rooted. at this point i feel with droidmod available there really isnt a reason for anybody to not be rooted or atleast experienced it.
  3. #3  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    Rooted and loving it she is just as table as when I bought her. I won't be looking back anytime soon
    Rooted for life
  4. #4  

    Default

    Rooted.

    DroidMod Updater. DroidMod 1.0. Live Wallpapers, 3D gallery, wifi tether, pinch zoom, 800mhz overclock. my question is...how can you NOT want to make your phone awesome?
  5. #5  

    Default

    Not rooted but I'm a new user and having fun still playing with stock os. I'm sure I will root sometime after 2.1
  6. #6  
    simp_10's Avatar

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

    Default

    Rooted. Have been using the Sholes/DroidMod roms for quite a while. The latest and greatest have been nothing but smooth and stable on my phone. Agree with others, the ease of rooting with DMUpdater is almost too easy compared to the first method I used to root.
    Blackberry Curve ---> OG Droid ---> Samsung Fascinate ---> back to Droid--->Thunderbolt--->Galaxy S3
  7. #7  
    Jared DiPane's Avatar

    Posts
    950 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Rooted but nothing else for now. I reverted back because I liked the appearance of the stock feel, now that its worked into other ROMs I may take em for a spin.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simp10 View Post
    Rooted. Have been using the Sholes/DroidMod roms for quite a while. The latest and greatest have been nothing but smooth and stable on my phone. Agree with others, the ease of rooting with DMUpdater is almost too easy compared to the first method I used to root.
    Agreed. You can root your phone in like 3 screeen presses, and 2 minutes. It's so easy, there's no reason not to anymore. unless you're 100% happy with the stock os (which really isn't bad) then you might not want to. Even if you dont overclock, the pinch zoom, wifi tether, 3d gallery, etc. make buying/using the app totally worth it.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Rooted. Overocked. Why not take advantage of all that Droid has to offer?
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjesenovec View Post
    Agreed. You can root your phone in like 3 screeen presses, and 2 minutes. It's so easy, there's no reason not to anymore. unless you're 100% happy with the stock os (which really isn't bad) then you might not want to. Even if you dont overclock, the pinch zoom, wifi tether, 3d gallery, etc. make buying/using the app totally worth it.
    Is that app back in the market?
  11. #11  
    DeeMat's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie52 View Post
    Is that app back in the market?
    You can probably pick it up at DroidMod...

    BTW, not rooted (yet). For some reason, I have been waiting for the 2.1 update before rooting.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Then you'll just have to wait for 2.1 to be rooted.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Rooted. Mostly to run apps that require root, such as the app "LED Hacks" to turn off the four button lights at bottom while my phone is docked at night. The lights would pretty much light up half the room!
    Last edited by ebruot; 02-23-2010 at 06:13 PM.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeMat View Post
    You can probably pick it up at DroidMod...

    BTW, not rooted (yet). For some reason, I have been waiting for the 2.1 update before rooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    Then you'll just have to wait for 2.1 to be rooted.
    Right. The only reason we CAN root now is because 2.0.1 was rooted. Rooting is OS version specific. It's like every time they update the iphone software, they have to wait for a new jailbreak version to come out.
  15. #15  

    Default

    I'd loooove to root IF I could. My Droid is stubborn and wont let me. I even had a friend of mine who has his rooted and he still couldnt get it to work. My phones just unrootable I guess

    I have to wait for 2.1 OTA from Verizon and its taking friggin forever. Really dissapointing me in the terrible service droids are getting now that the N1 is out. Its like the Droid was put on the way way way backburner now Bullsh!t really.
  16. #16  
    luniz7's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

    Default

    Rooted here!!
  17. #17  
    luniz7's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie52 View Post
    Is that app back in the market?
    Quote Originally Posted by bart151 View Post
    I'd loooove to root IF I could. My Droid is stubborn and wont let me. I even had a friend of mine who has his rooted and he still couldnt get it to work. My phones just unrootable I guess

    I have to wait for 2.1 OTA from Verizon and its taking friggin forever. Really dissapointing me in the terrible service droids are getting now that the N1 is out. Its like the Droid was put on the way way way backburner now Bullsh!t really.
    see here for root, you will be able to root

  18. #18  

    Default

    rooting scares me. LOL
    The One
  19. #19  
    mclarryjr's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,727 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

    Default

    Rooted and lovin it... nothing better then being able to change everything you want to. Ok almost everything :0
  20. #20  
    Dapke36's Avatar

    Posts
    621 Posts
    Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

    Default

    Its awesome. I'm carrying around Ultimate Droid and a 2.0 lockscreen, and showing off (a little too much, unfortunately).
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    GenericMessage
    GenericMessage's Avatar
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapke36 View Post
    Its awesome. I'm carrying around Ultimate Droid and a 2.0 lockscreen, and showing off (a little too much, unfortunately).
    "a little too much"?
    Should we be scared? haha
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luniz7 View Post
    see here for root, you will be able to root

    That guide looks rather easy and I just may finally be able to root it.

    However, I have a quick question for everyone that has a Moto Droid. Before I root and rid the warranty, Ive never really never noticed until recently but when I press down along the left side of the screen and top of the screen my phone feels like its "lose". The right side does not feel that way. I was thinking of taking my phone in to see if its normal or not. Does anyone elses Droid feel lose or sorta press down along the left side of the screen or along the top when you press it? Sorta worried.
  23. #23  
    Cory Streater's Avatar
    Forums Emeritus

    Posts
    13,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

    Default

    I bought this device for one reason: I like to hack and tweak my phones. So I'm totally rooted.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    GenericMessage
    GenericMessage's Avatar
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    I bought this device for one reason: I like to hack and tweak my phones. So I'm totally rooted.
    LOL This is possibly the best post about why someone got the Droid ever.


    "It has a mind, I wish to break it"
  25. #25  
    corydunbar's Avatar

    Posts
    777 Posts
    ROM
    AOSP by preferance

    Default

    I'm recently rooted, i was gonna hold out for the 2.1 official, but with 2.1 delayed and DroidMod being so easy i made the jump. its superb, overall my performance feels smoother than on stock 2.0.1 which is a huge surprise to me. I feel like this is a doorway to me becoming addicted to my Droid much like i was with my BB. I probably wont update to 2.1 when it releases because they are trying to make it root proof. so i'll just stay on a custom ROM until root for Droid 2.1 is found. And in the meantime anything new that gets released will get added to all of the custom ROMs floating around anyway. so their is little to draw me back to official other than Warranty reasons. Way more customization with Rooted Droids. just look at screenshots of all the ROMs floating about.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

    Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B