CM7 for OG Droid?

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had to look it up to figure that out when I started using CM7 but it was project codenamed Sholes before Verizon called it the Droid.

pikapp504

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from 6.1.2 to CM7 RC4 on Wednesday and it's been running flawlessly ever since. The initial download of all my Market apps took forever and slowed things way down, but I expected that. Once it fully downloaded/updated, I rebooted again and it's been running great! Battery life is better than it was when I was using SetCPU on 6.1.2.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have weird issues with it. I seem to have a text message issue that stops texts from coming or going in a seemingly random fashion, especially MMS lately. Facebook also doesn't seem to be playing well with CM7 RC4 for me. To the point of making the app almost unusable. Other then those two issues, and the CONSTANT redraws of ADW... it's great.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I gave up... I will certainly be giving CM7 another shot once a stable release comes out, but for now I am running GPA1.4. So far.. it's fantastic!

My only question is what sort of theming options does it have?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I gave up... I will certainly be giving CM7 another shot once a stable release comes out, but for now I am running GPA1.4. So far.. it's fantastic!

My only question is what sort of theming options does it have?

I've been running GPA14 for a while now; by far the best gingerbread rom I have used. And he's already releasing 15 soon, with even more bugfixes. But I don't think I've seen any themes yet.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Any one coming from P.E. V5.2 using CM7 RC4?
Been pondering CM7 as well as GPA1.4, but what's been keeping me at bay is the sms/mms issues.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Any one coming from P.E. V5.2 using CM7 RC4?
Been pondering CM7 as well as GPA1.4, but what's been keeping me at bay is the sms/mms issues.

I've had several SMS/MMS issues with CM7 RC4. So far, after 2 days, I have not noticed ANY of the issues I had with CM7 in GPA14. To be sure, there are some things I do miss about CM7, but GPA14 is fantastic!

I see there is a RC for GPA15, but I'm still too nervous about RCs after dealing with all of the issues in CM7 RC4. I really hope they can get those issues worked out for the Droid. CM7 is a beast of a ROM, and I will love it when it works right...

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been running RC4 for awhile and am about to switch to UD 3.3, I've been having problems with it not responding to touch...like I would have to shut my screen off then back on for it to work again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci