SmokedGlass v5.0.1 + AdamZ's custom Kernal

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
SmokedGlass: AllDroid - View topic - [ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v5.0.1 **BIG Update 02/27**
Kernel: AllDroid - View topic - Custom Kernel (Boot.img) 2.6.32 Updates *02/17*

So i have been running SmokedGlass v5.0 and AdamZ's custon kernel and it is the true king of all ROM & Kernel combos (especially if your favorite color is blue). They provide you with all of the 2.1 features and then some. i cant even think of anything i would want to be added?

What are your thoughts on these packages? What would you add?

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I want to agree really bad, cause it is a good ROM. But I have had nothing but FC's with Smoked Glass.

But Bugless Beast has been outstanding. For whatever reason, its the most stable out of all that I have tried. Including DroidMod.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
SmokedGlass: AllDroid - View topic - [ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v5.0.1 **BIG Update 02/27**
Kernel: AllDroid - View topic - Custom Kernel (Boot.img) 2.6.32 Updates *02/17*

So i have been running SmokedGlass v5.0 and AdamZ's custon kernel and it is the true king of all ROM & Kernel combos (especially if your favorite color is blue). They provide you with all of the 2.1 features and then some. i cant even think of anything i would want to be added?

What are your thoughts on these packages? What would you add?

which launcher are you currently using. i checked out his page on alldroid and he said that he added 3 different versions. are you using the 2.1 or 2.01 version. how is the stability so far (any FC's or reboots?)

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hm, i read over what he updated. And it seems the landscape issues have been ironed out, and he claims less FC's... Ill give it another shot. :D

dlongb13

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Been running 5.0.1 since the am yesterday and I am loving it. Having a few force closes with the launcher but not as many as I have been having with other 2.1 launchers. The browser with V8 webcore is really fast and probably has the fasting typing that I have experienced. I think it's a great rom and dont plan on switching until the next best thing comes along.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Im not sure if its cause of this new version or what not cause this is my first time using the smoked glass rom but I notice when I connect my phone to my usb while connected to my computer. The phone acts strange. Typing on it becomes difficult as it starts doubling up on the letters I press, random letters pop up while texting that I didnt press. The entire device just acts different then if I didnt have it connected. When its not connected, it runs great, however Im wondering if its worth it to purchase the overclocking utility from the market to see if itll speed up my phone cause it seems like its a little slower.

I'm LOVING how fast the browser is. Very little chopiness on web pages unlike the unrooted stock browser. God that things choppy as hell its annoying

Last edited:

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
which launcher are you currently using. i checked out his page on alldroid and he said that he added 3 different versions. are you using the 2.1 or 2.01 version. how is the stability so far (any FC's or reboots?)

i only kept the 2.0.1 launcher (save on memory), but i run the Launcher+ Beta from the market and i get 7 homescreens. it is perfect in portrait, but as with all my favorite launchers, poor landscape management.

I wish 2.1 launcher was less buggy, its my favorite

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Im not sure if its cause of this new version or what not cause this is my first time using the smoked glass rom but I notice when I connect my phone to my usb while connected to my computer. The phone acts strange. Typing on it becomes difficult as it starts doubling up on the letters I press, random letters pop up while texting that I didnt press. The entire device just acts different then if I didnt have it connected. When its not connected, it runs great, however Im wondering if its worth it to purchase the overclocking utility from the market to see if itll speed up my phone cause it seems like its a little slower.

I'm LOVING how fast the browser is. Very little chopiness on web pages unlike the unrooted stock browser. God that things choppy as hell its annoying

I'd really recommend getting setCPU for root users. it is great once you have profiles set up.
This is an old version, but it will get the job done.
http://planet-download.net/download/68/setcpu apk.html
I still recommend purchasing the app from the market to support the developer and get the latest version.

Last edited:

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
i only kept the 2.0.1 launcher (save on memory), but i run the Launcher+ Beta from the market and i get 7 homescreens. it is perfect in portrait, but as with all my favorite launchers, poor landscape management.

I wish 2.1 launcher was less buggy, its my favorite

I installed it last night. It sometimes not as smooth as DM, so I was thinking about going to BB, but I after reading this, I just checked the browser, and Damn it is fast. I can stand a little choppiness for that kind of speed.

I also run the 2.0.1 launcher...tried the 2.1, but too many FC's for me. Its sad, I loved having the dedicated phone and internet buttons, but the 2.1 launcher would have trouble with my widgets, dock, and in landscape mode. So, sticking with 2.0.1.

Any way to uninstall 2.1 Launcher?

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of (jeez 3 posts in 10 minutes),

DM Updater thinks I am not using a 2.0.1 phone. Is that because AdamZ is running a 2.1 kernel on this phone?

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd really recommend getting setCPU for root users. it is great once you have profiles set up.
This is an old version, but it will get the job done.
Download Planet — Download the Latest Software, Games, DVD Movies, Music, TV Shows and ebooks!
I still recommend purchasing the app from the market to support the developer and get the latest version.

Well, I bought SetCPU and setup some profiles, however, I dont know if or when their working... I have them enabled and everything and cant tell.

I have main set to 800/250
Sleep/Standby set to 600/250
Power < 25% set to 600/250
Battery > 40 C. set to 600/250

All enabled however I dont know if they actually work. When Ive gone to charge my phone, the profile doesnt change. I have the notifications enabled so I can hopefully see what profiles activated but nothings changing.

Im confused

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
if you have the latest version of SetCPU you can add a notification icon that will show you what profile you are currently in. if its not changing, then you have a problem.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Well, I bought SetCPU and setup some profiles, however, I dont know if or when their working... I have them enabled and everything and cant tell.

I have main set to 800/250
Sleep/Standby set to 600/250
Power < 25% set to 600/250
Battery > 40 C. set to 600/250

All enabled however I dont know if they actually work. When Ive gone to charge my phone, the profile doesnt change. I have the notifications enabled so I can hopefully see what profiles activated but nothings changing.

Im confused

I have the SetCPU widget on my home screen, it shows the cpu speed & battery temp. If I set notifications, then it definitely shows when it changes speed and you can see it in the widget.

My is set to:
main: 800/250
charging: 800/250 (I use it while plugged in)
Sleep/Standby set to 550/250
Power < 40% set to 550/250
Battery > 43 C. set to 550/250

Each profile has to be enabled and there is an enable profiles checkbox as well (I know its pretty obvious .. but).

Also .. AdamZ has a Smoked Glass 6.01 out! He is using Ruqqq's Helix Launcher as well (option) ..