CM7 RC4, icon and widget issue

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I just noticed this today when I wanted to add a new shortcut. When I long press the screen nothing happens. Usually the box pops up and ask if you want to add a widget, shortcut, wallpaper...etc. If I long press and icon I can not move it, the trash can does not come up, nothing. I added a new icon from the app drawer, but now I can not delete it or move it. Tried to reboot and nothing happened.

Running CM7 RC4 with a 800LV kernal. I did not wipe data when I installed RC4.

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know the technical word for it, but on the home screen, tap the button that has the lines on the bottom of the screen, seconds from the left. There is an option in there that allows you to lock your home screen. If it says Unlock, then it's locked.

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
you need to hit the menu button on the heptic buttons and a menu will appear and on the bottom right it should say lock desktop or unlock desktop

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
you need to hit the menu button on the heptic buttons and a menu will appear and on the bottom right it should say lock desktop or unlock desktop

That is for ADW I believe. I don't know why nobody asked what launcher you were using (myself included).