Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default android market missing after cyanogen 7 install

I finally took the plunge and rooted my Verizon droid 1, and installed the Cyanogen7 custom ROM. I ran Titanium Backup before the install and when I restored my apps the Google Android Market was missing, among others. I went back to restore in Titanium and only choose to restore Market and it came back but it won't open. Is there a way to get the .apk file for Market or some other method of installing it? When I try it says it is already installed. Some apps are not available on Amazon App store and App Brain will tell me to downliod it from Android Market. Any ideas?
    Thanked by:

You have to download the latest gapps which is March 7th

Heres the link: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip and I loaded it through the CWM, but i beleve you can grab it through the rom manager, but not sure on that.

EDIT: also i read bad things can happen when restoring system files especially going from Stock, or CM6 to Gingerbread, or any different rom for that mater. Also when restoring apps from Titanium the market wont know there actually installed and wont update them, or even act as if they were installed....Now on Amazons app market I believe your list of installed apps are actually kept on amazon servers, so that wont be to much of an issue....

Now what i have done in the past, but dont do any more, and wouldn't advise it, is if you restore your apps downloaded from market first, and then restore the market+data, and restart your phone, the market should see your installed apps, and will update them in the future when needing an update...but id only do that if you really really, dont want to re download all the apps...and not even sure if it would work going from Froyo-to-Gingerbread....personally me, I actually like having a fresh system, and apps installed from market, and then I use Titanium to restore my data on the games, and such.
    Last edited by OneAn9ryN00b; 05-01-2011 at 11:52 PM.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Google Apps are in the free section of ROM Manager under guess what?? Google Apps lol it tells you which one you want from which version of Android your running.

Just download and flash WITHOUT wiping data or cache

Default Re: android market missing after cyanogen 7 install

Thanks so much for the input...Had the same issue with C7. Great ROM though! Also check out the Megatron!!!!

ROM
    CM 9.0.0

Talking Re: android market missing after cyanogen 7 install

Quote Originally Posted by OneAn9ryN00b View Post
    You have to download the latest gapps which is March 7th

Heres the link: Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip and I loaded it through the CWM, but i beleve you can grab it through the rom manager, but not sure on that.

EDIT: also i read bad things can happen when restoring system files especially going from Stock, or CM6 to Gingerbread, or any different rom for that mater. Also when restoring apps from Titanium the market wont know there actually installed and wont update them, or even act as if they were installed....Now on Amazons app market I believe your list of installed apps are actually kept on amazon servers, so that wont be to much of an issue....

Now what i have done in the past, but dont do any more, and wouldn't advise it, is if you restore your apps downloaded from market first, and then restore the market+data, and restart your phone, the market should see your installed apps, and will update them in the future when needing an update...but id only do that if you really really, dont want to re download all the apps...and not even sure if it would work going from Froyo-to-Gingerbread....personally me, I actually like having a fresh system, and apps installed from market, and then I use Titanium to restore my data on the games, and such.
    THANK YOU I ran into the same problem with my friends DROID