CM7 - Very Buggy?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have heard very mixed opinions about the "stable" release of CM 7.0.2. Worst of all, it seems that none of the former issues have even been addressed. Apparently, the app killing is as bad as usual, the phone-to-data transition issue is still present, and redraws are constant. Is this true? If so, how can a stable release have all of these bugs? I really want the customization that CM7 offers, but not if it means sacrificing so much :(

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
None of that is true. It's a decent ROM there are still bugs but none of the major ones.

I desparately wanna try this rom. So would you say that you don't have too many problems with data, redraws, and app killing? If not, I will definitely download and try this asap. Thanks!

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Personally, I have experienced all of those issues with the stable release. I switched to GPA14 and so far I haven't had too many issues with it.

stumpedonA854

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm extremely sorry to post off topic but I was just trying to find someone online, I've got anA854 milestone, ("generic" non Verizon OG Droid) I rooted it using easyroot, root checker says its al ready to go, my question is, is there other ways to verify that and did that really give me the "root" I need to fully mod my phone?

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The stable was a bit quirky for me, but I just keep running the nightlies without much of a problem. The last nightly I loaded, 57, is pretty good.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm extremely sorry to post off topic but I was just trying to find someone online, I've got anA854 milestone, ("generic" non Verizon OG Droid) I rooted it using easyroot, root checker says its al ready to go, my question is, is there other ways to verify that and did that really give me the "root" I need to fully mod my phone?

First check for the SuperUser app in your drawer. If it's there, download and try a root application like Titanium Backup or Drocap to verify it worked.

dtanderson

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried it but went back to stock. The Facebook app crashed every time you tried to do something in it and several other issues.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any of the problems listed. There is an option you have to check in CyanogenMod Settings > Performance Settings > Allow purging of assets to help with app killing. It also helps to use Compcache (works with the stock kernel afaik).

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have always updated the nightly and releases without wiping data and cache. On the last nightly flash, I got a force close on an Android Media process. So tonight I did a full wipe, re-installed CM7Nightly #69 and fresh install of GApps. I'm restoring some of my app back-ups now.

We'll see if it's a little less twitchy with a nice, clean install.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

If you haven't done a factory reset/data and cache wipe while trying various builds, I highly recommend it. Much less twitchy and buggy.

hounddog88

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the most current stable of CM7 on my droid and I keep having issues with my 3G randomly disconnecting all of the time. Ill have the phone in my pocket for 20 min after just being on it and I will have to go into airplane mode or enable and dissable wifi to get my 3g to turn back on. Kinda a big flaw if u ask me.

Sent from my Droid

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Exactly why I switched back to Froyo. I'm just waiting till they get a great optimized version for our phones running.

I was using GPA14 and everything was good, only problem was the lack of free memory. Some stuff just doesn't run well with our phones at the current moment.
CM7 had the same issues plus more lol

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the most current stable of CM7 on my droid and I keep having issues with my 3G randomly disconnecting all of the time. Ill have the phone in my pocket for 20 min after just being on it and I will have to go into airplane mode or enable and dissable wifi to get my 3g to turn back on. Kinda a big flaw if u ask me.

Sent from my Droid

Have you tried it on the Cyanogen kernel versus the kernel you are currently running? I've run into other bugs with Chevy No. 1's kernels and the latest CM7 builds. Using the Cyanogen kernel proves more stable.

hounddog88

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been useing the stock kernal this time, seem to have more issues like this than with chevys just haven't switched kernels yet.....

Sent from my Droid

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been useing the stock kernal this time, seem to have more issues like this than with chevys just haven't switched kernels yet.....

Sent from my Droid

Chevy's kernel has a bug with USB Connection. When you connect your USB cable, it's not detected and the phone doesn't show the notification that allows you to enable USB storage.

Cyanogen ran into the same problem at one point in the nightlies and corrected it at the kernel level. Chevy has not updated his and I've asked in his kernel thread on the forum he uses for his kernel and ROMs.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
What of the SMS/MMS issue? Honestly, I could probably live with having to go in and out of airplane mode every so often to get data back, but the SMS/MMS issue is what is about to drive me back to Froyo, and I really love GB a lot. Is CM7 still having that issue? GPA14 seemed to be better about it at first, but lately it seems to have become a bigger issue once again for me.

.....and missing work texts is a SERIOUS matter.. lol!!