Is it possible that the bugless beast is actually... BUGLESS?

PRNmeds

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed 2.1 (yeah yeah, I know, I finally gave in and re-rooted) and Pete's bugless beast 0.9 and I have not had any problems yet. I believe this is how a rom should be, I am really feelin' how you can do switches, and commands from the terminal emulator. I haven't flashed any kernals or anything. I'm guessing if I do, that's where the FC's and errors will come into play. But at this time, the stock bugless beast 0.9 is in fact, bugless.

slowhatch

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm using bugless v.9 and it is impeccable. Transitions are perfectly smooth no lag, no force closes, nothing. I'm also running chevy1s overclock 5 slot kernal running at 1.1ghz and the phone is a beast.

I compare side by side w my friends nexus one and it is almost identical in speed and fluidity. I think what's slowin us down is the fact that this 2.1 rom isn't made for the droid and once we get an official base to work with this phone is gonna be an even bigger beast.

And since we re on topic I honestly feel that if you (like me) must have a keyboard this is the best phone on the market. Period.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The 2.1 Pete uses OS specifically made for the Droid by motorola. It's the same OS that was supposed to be the 2.1 update.

PRNmeds

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was thinking, it's not run off the Nexus one's 2.1 version, ESE35 or whatever is 2.1 as designed for release on the Moto Droid. So I've reached the one day mark, with ZERO force closes, nearly a full battery, although I didn't have heavy use. I will probably have to wait until I've taken a road trip, and put the system to the test. i.e. running music, and gps, while receiving texts/phone calls all at the same time. That's how i'll know if it is truly bugless ;-). Hats off to Pete though, this rom is awesome.

slowhatch

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
hmm interesting so ese35 is the 2.1 build for the droid? i wonder how he got his hands on that?

so basically we shouldnt expect any more improvements when the official os drops then huh?

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I believe the only difference between Pete's build, and the "official" build coming out is the baseband version is higher on the new one (his is like .0 or .1 and it's like .3 at the end).

Other than that they're both ESE53.

I've been using BB for quite a while, and it's awesome.

You can load HELIXLAUNCHER2 by the way, and it works so you can have the Launcher2 appdrawer and I've had 0 issues.

HELIXLAUNCHER = speed
HELIXLAUNCHER2 = Looks

Both are great Home replacements, available in the marketplace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781