No root after 2.1?

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I heard somewhere that after the 2.1 update you won't be able to root your Droid. Is that true? If it is I'll root it now and not even bother with the update

gpf2ez

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I heard somewhere that after the 2.1 update you won't be able to root your Droid. Is that true? If it is I'll root it now and not even bother with the update

LOL, I love rumors. I heard after 2.1 you will not be able to dial local #'s.

Of course you will be able to root after 2.1.

R

Roy Aguilera

More than likely.
LOL, I love rumors. I heard after 2.1 you will not be able to dial local #'s.

Of course you will be able to root after 2.1.

You sure about that? I can almost promise you that you will not be able to.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
every droid OS will be root-able. am i saying that it will happen with every version, no. is it possible, hell yea.

google will prob do as much as possible to guarentee that their devices dont become rooted but hackers will always find a way. Google makes it harder to root because they do not want the user's phone to break or short out or for anything to be unstable. Hackers hack device's because it is a challenge. if google makes rooting harder then hackers will keep trying to root it simply as an accomplishment.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Uh... Right because the N1 isn't already rooted already and because its not running 2.1 at all. It can be rooted we may have to find another way to do it though.

R

Roy Aguilera

Try loading the Nexus 2.1 OS on your Droid.
The Droid and Nexus OS's are different. Google is the only one to touch 2.1 on the Nexus. However for the Droid, Motorola also puts hands on it.
Just cause the Nexus is root on 2.1 (official) does not guarantee the Droid will too. Insiders have already stated that VZW wants to make the next OS root proof. You can bet the current exploit is covered. The first exploit only took 90 days to be found. Who knows howlong the next exploit will take to be found. I would root and not risk it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon