Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2.1 update worth it?

I am currently running smoked glass rom, is it worth it to me to un-root and install the 2.1 update and then re-root? will it matter? what would the difference be?

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

My answer is no. I'm running CM, and I cannot see any reason to upgrade. All the developers (Pete, Koush, AdamZ, Chevy, etc) will be moving the 2.1 features into the new roms, so there is no reason to upgrade.

Just wait for the next ROM upgrade for your respective ROM, that should be the Droid ESE81 build, with all the rooted features.

Long story short: just wait a week, you'll get an update to your current ROM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks much dapke

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheeta186 View Post
    thanks much dapke
    No problem . I just noticed, if you want to switch ROMs, Koush is offering the baseband for 2.1 right now through ROM Manager.

But, again, just wait and everything should be updated in a week. Especially since I think Pete (Bugless Beast) already rooted the phone (he's offering a 2.1 download and claims it's already rooted). I can't wait!

Edit: Also just noticed that Pete is offering the radio update for BB Version 0.9 through ROM manager as well.
    Last edited by Dapke36; 04-01-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Additions.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Not even close
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

ROM
    Kaosfroyo/DecaFuctCFSv6

NO dont do it I just went from 2.1 to stock with rsd lite couldnt stand it any more. Now rooted again with smoked glass and all is good!!
    Banned

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...-recovery.html

Runs pretty smooth for stock plus you can always just flash to another ROM if you don't like it without going the RSD route.