Ultimate Droid at DF?

gujupmp88

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know what happened to blackdroid's subforum at droidforums??? been busy for a couple days, and now when i go on, there isnt any new posts since the 13th and i can't reply to anything. is it just my computer or is it a known issue?

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
I'm having the same problem. There have been no new posts since 4/13 at all inside the UD sub forum, and on the bottom it tells me I can't start new thread, reply to thread, or post attachments. But everywhere else on the forums is fine. Maybe UD is locked for some reason.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ud thread is locked ud10 was cyanogenmod 5.0.5.7 themed with a different kernel. And all heck broke loose. He passed it off as he built it from source when he didn't

gujupmp88

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
wow, this is deja vu....wonder which forum he's going to next....im starting to believe the rumors, cause once i can believe as coincidence, twice in a few months is a little harder to believe as coincidence.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The way I understand it this is more about the fan-boy followers slinging mud where the two devs could have handled things between themselves. BD opened his mouth and Cyanogen did too(in similar fashion) and that's when the feathers started flying. I for one don't care. I love UD10 and will stick with it 'til it breaks or someone does better.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately for them.

I believe they are waiting for the storm to die down before they re-open it. There is an "investigation" which will most likely turn up nothing.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
The way I understand it this is more about the fan-boy followers slinging mud where the two devs could have handled things between themselves. BD opened his mouth and Cyanogen did too(in similar fashion) and that's when the feathers started flying. I for one don't care. I love UD10 and will stick with it 'til it breaks or someone does better.

Cyanogen was pretty professional. It's when DF started deleting his posts and banning him that his fans started spamming DF.

BD didn't do much, except ripp off without credit.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, did droidmod do the same thing and that's why they left alldroid?

No I think DM had a differing of opinion about who owned Sholes Mod, and what they wanted to do with it.

They went from SM to DM because the dude who listed SM for them on the Marketplace wasn't giving them any of the money SM made off of the market. So they pulled, changed their name, and released DM.

R

Roy Aguilera

Actually, you are missing alot of facts.
1) Black Droid asked to be added to Rom Manager.
2) Then he noticed that there was a proffit (Koush was making money off rom manager) he asked to be taken off so that he could make his own version to sell. $$$$$ ;)
3) Koush Removed it for a minute.
4) The complaints started coming in from people, questioning why it was removed from RM.
5) Koush readded it, making it available as a free (no longer premium rom). He makes no money this way.
6) BD and his people came into Cyanogen Mod (Cyanogens site) and started all these threads talking smack about Koush and Cyanogen.
7) Cyanogen had nothing to do with what is on Rom Manager. He has his own Cyanogen Updater app.
8) Black Droid then completely ripped Cyanogens work and only credited Ruqqq, Chris Soyars and Wysie for their work. Completely leaving out Koush and Cyanogen and giving himself credit for their work. -Credit to BD
9) Cyanogen went on the forum and politely stated that
-First he disrespected him
-Then he stole his work and gave credit to himself. (Keep in mind that
Cyanogen had done nothing to BD) original post
-Cyanogen gets banned for unmasking him.
10) The problems took off from there.

Keep in mind that they both did not start this problem. BD went after Cyanogen for no reason. Simply because he could not get to Koush.

So like Cyanogen said "First you spit on my face and then kick me in the ****." <----Where it hurts.

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

Just clarifying as I was in the koush IRC and Cyanogen Mod and DF when this all happened. ;)

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
Wow, I had no idea there was this much drama within the ROM community.

I love UD, and I hope that it turns out that it isn't completely ripped off. But I won't take any sides, I don't know the facts.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I had no idea there was this much drama within the ROM community.

I love UD, and I hope that it turns out that it isn't completely ripped off. But I won't take any sides, I don't know the facts.

Get used to it lol.

Actually, any ROM's or hacks that are any good will end up with a thread here anyway - drama free ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance