Baseband and Kernel question

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd really appreciate any input here. I'm going to ask this in a couple of other places as well as here.

About two weeks ago I started having having issues with the bluetooth earpiece suddenly not working. It is a Plantronics 925 Discovery. It will make calls and take calls, but it will NOT keep calls more than maybe a few seconds, than boom, you are dumped-call ended. Now today it won't keep non bluetooth calls either. It will work for maybe a minute then the phone locks. A battery pull was needed. I have never had that happen before today.

Currently I am running Jrummy's v0.5 over CM 5057 with the bekit 7 slot 1.2 lv, which was in place for today's phone lock up. I had had the Bekit 1.3 lv. It didn't work well at 1.3, so I downclocked to 1.1 with an ondemand profile, but for no particular reason I downloaded the 1.2 figuring why even have the 1.3 if it was a little unstable. So one question I have is this; can various kernels or more particularly too high OC speeds cause anything like this? I have backed the cpu off to 1ghz, on demand. I will try backing speeds down a little at a time to see if that is the cause, but one can experiment to death.

Another thing is that this started happening with CM 5054 (I think, it was whatever CM first had the new baseband update) and it happened after I updated the baseband. I did this from ROM Manager. It is not particular to CM either. It did it with UD 90,98 and 10 as well as JR v05 and CM 5054 onwards. I did however first notice the effect with UD 9.0.

I have reflashed earlier ROMS where everything was working and the bluetooth issue is still there. Hence this query about the baseband update.

Maybe a clean install after a couple of wipes? But I did that going to CM 5057 from UD 10. I then tried Jrummys remix on top of that, no wipe. Delete all kernel info other than the one installed? Redo the baseband update? Anyway any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
from what im aware of, certain kernels can cause issues randomly. like the 7 slot seem to have more issues than the 5 slot (from what i heard on other forums). it could be due to the oc heating the processor a little too much or maybe a connection issue. I have been using bekit's kernel which he has multiple different ones in regards to Speed, slots and also voltage. try using his 5 slot 1 ghz low voltage kernel. ive been using it consistently for the past 2 weeks and i haven't had really any issues. speed is good on it too.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I would try redoing the baseband update. Couldn't hurt.

If nothing works, you could always re-flash 2.0.1 and return it to the verizon store. However, that should definitely be your last move.

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I would try redoing the baseband update. Couldn't hurt.

If nothing works, you could always re-flash 2.0.1 and return it to the verizon store. However, that should definitely be your last move.

I have thought about that for sure. However, my Droid had always taken every thing I tossed its way without so much as a whimper. For example, it always ran the Launcher2 like they were designed for each other when it was driving everyone crazy and when it was just removed from ROM's. I never experienced ANY of the problems posted here and other forums, either launcer or other issues. No (well too few to matter) FC, no automatic reboots, no locked screen, nada. This is a first; as a pain in the neck meaningful issue.

The baseband I flashed from the Cyanogen section on ROM Manager. I see there is a link there for baseband update in the Bugless Beast section too. Any others, or are they all the same thing? Anyway to undo the baseband update? That would tell me if that was the problem or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol