Moto X Force

dynoglide

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I ordered one from and am supposed to have it by Dec 22. Will update with a review. I am excited for it. I had the pure 5.7 and for me it was too big to lug around. The X is a bit smaller and a bit bigger than the 2nd Edition at 5.4 inches. Pretty much the same specs as the 5.7 inch Pure only a little smaller. It also supports up to 2tb of sd storage. Shatter proof screen with a 4 year replacement guarantee. Comes unlocked with Lollipop, wireless charging and a huge 3760 mah battery. 3gb ram,

Last edited:

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I heard that the moto x force was the same as the Motorola droid turbo 2. Thinking about getting the force or style next year when my contract runs out but dunno which to go for.

Posted via Android Central App

WildH

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I heard that the moto x force was the same as the Motorola droid turbo 2. Thinking about getting the force or style next year when my contract runs out but dunno which to go for.

After using both, I'd go with the turbo 2 or force. Both are good but t2 seems better imho.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
After using both, I'd go with the turbo 2 or force. Both are good but t2 seems better imho.

Yeah I'm starting to think I'll go with the moto x force but it does all depend on which one is cheaper. I no I need the better battery the force has as I'm a heavy user.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have it myself I got it off clove, replaced my note 5, getting 36 hours of battery life for me and the device is very much bug free. You won't be disappointed!

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have it myself I got it off clove, replaced my note 5, getting 36 hours of battery life for me and the device is very much bug free. You won't be disappointed!

I believe with clove you buy the phone? I'm on contract so I'll be upgrading from a galaxy S4 to the moto x force hopefully. I really like the look of the phone. Keep watching videos about it. Can't find many reviews about it on youtube unfortunately.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I ordered one from and am supposed to have it by Dec 22. Will update with a review. I am excited for it. I had the pure 5.7 and for me it was too big to lug around. The X is a bit smaller and a bit bigger than the 2nd Edition at 5.4 inches. Pretty much the same specs as the 5.7 inch Pure only a little smaller. It also supports up to 2tb of sd storage. Shatter proof screen with a 4 year replacement guarantee. Comes unlocked with Lollipop, wireless charging and a huge 3760 mah battery. 3gb ram,

So how is it?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted to buy this handset but I do think at £499 in the UK it is overpriced it needs to be around the £400 mark and then I would be interested, I will wait as I am sure it will drop in price at some stage.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I really wanted to buy this handset but I do think at £499 in the UK it is overpriced it needs to be around the £400 mark and then I would be interested, I will wait as I am sure it will drop in price at some stage.

Yeah it is expensive but I'm gonna get it on contract which is still expensive. I'm hoping it will drop in price before my contract runs out in April.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it is expensive but I'm gonna get it on contract which is still expensive. I'm hoping it will drop in price before my contract runs out in April.

Good luck but I don't ever do contracts as they end up costing a fair bit more for me than actually buying the handset and getting a sim only to suit my needs which costs around £13 per month!

dynoglide

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Have had the phone now for 3 weeks and gotta say it's worth every penny to me. It came with Lollipop on it, I have already
been offered the Marshmallow upgrade but declining for now. I really like the Moto Assist app that will go away with the upgrade.
Their maybe a replacement app for that with Marshmallow, but want to make sure before I do that. The camera is amazing.
I'm not a professional photographer but the pics are deep in color and clarity which satisfies me. The battery life is truley
amazing. I'm not a daily heavy user of the phone. I charge it every 2 -3 days. It also supports turbo charging which says
you can get another 10 or so hours in just 15 min. It's is pure android which is great. No fluff. 32gb internal and I have a
128gb sd card. No drops but the shatterproof screen is a nice to have. Very fast response, gets around the phone very quickly.
The screen is flat out GORGEOUS. OLED is the best display you can have on a phone. it's amazing.
Here is a sample pic I took of my son's wedding on New Years Eve.
IMG_20151231_163325229_HDR.jpg

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Wow nice picture. Looking forward to this phone. April 13th can't come soon enough. What is moto assist & what does it do?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Moto assist does several things:

It can silence your phone while you are sleeping, based on times that you set.

It can silence your phone while you are in meetings based on events on one or more calendars.

It can start allowing voice interaction when it senses you are driving. It will announce phone calls, offer to read and reply to text messages.

It can do the same as driving mode when you are at a place that you designate as home.

The silence phone features are replicated in marshmallow with do not disturb, so they removed assist from the marshmallow build, but they never said what would replace drive and home mode.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Moto assist does several things:

It can silence your phone while you are sleeping, based on times that you set.

It can silence your phone while you are in meetings based on events on one or more calendars.

It can start allowing voice interaction when it senses you are driving. It will announce phone calls, offer to read and reply to text messages.

It can do the same as driving mode when you are at a place that you designate as home.

The silence phone features are replicated in marshmallow with do not disturb, so they removed assist from the marshmallow build, but they never said what would replace drive and home mode.

I use the drive mode often and I would hate to see this feature disappear.

dynoglide

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I love drive assist too. I reads me incoming texts and lets me respond by voice dictation so
I never have to look at the phone. It will also activate by voice when you need something like directions,
make a phone call, send a text. answer a call. Their are several youtube videos on motorola drive assist.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Moto assist sounds really good. Wonder why Marshmallow deletes the feature?

There was a story that came out last summer that said Lenovo laid off a large number of Motorola people, including the engineers that worked on the assist feature, and said that Lenovo engineers would handle this going forward. Shortly after they announced they were not going to offer assist for Marshmallow.

See http://phandroid.com/2015/08/14/motorola-cuts-2015/

Other important cuts revealed to Phandroid are the software and services team, the folks who are largely responsible for all the Moto-bred features we love today. Moto Voice. Moto Display. Moto Assist. Etc — the people responsible for those are gone, and will be replaced by Lenovo engineers. It’s our hope that the new guys stay committed to Motorola’s vision of offering no-nonsense software.

Connect the dots, I guess. This was the sort of thing I feared when Google sold Motorola to Lenovo.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I just hope they don't remove the moto voice & the moto display features as I want to play around with them as well as be on Marshmallow. Anyone no if this phone will get 6.0.1 with the new emoji's?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma