Droid tubo 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Great news, although I'm unsure if I'll leave my Turbo behind so quickly. The bigger display is great but not enough size increase to account for onscreen buttons. I'm not against the on-screen buttons but the display size needs to be larger for me to feel its worth it.

As for the shatter proof display, great. But I'm not so much concerned with shattering my display as I am with the microscratches that come from carrying it in an empty pocket. Throw in Sapphire Display and I'll be all over it. Until then, its another gimmick that will still require a screen protector. Given that the Verizon glass is the only one that fits properly I am not counting on the Turbo 2 to improve upon this. Verizon Tempered Glass is terrible compared to Zagg Glass but that's not an option. Maybe more will support the Turbo 2? One can hope.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone explain how this is an improvement over the Turbo? Slightly bigger screen isn't necessarily a good thing if it makes the overall phone footprint bigger. Battery is smaller. "Shatter proof" seems kind of gimmicky. Agreed 100% that I'm more worried about the micro scratches from carrying the phone in an empty pocket than shatteringly the screen entirely. How is this an upgrade other than it might come with Android M?

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone explain how this is an improvement over the Turbo? Slightly bigger screen isn't necessarily a good thing if it makes the overall phone footprint bigger. Battery is smaller. "Shatter proof" seems kind of gimmicky. Agreed 100% that I'm more worried about the micro scratches from carrying the phone in an empty pocket than shatteringly the screen entirely. How is this an upgrade other than it might come with Android M?

I agree with you. At this point it is hard to know how much of an upgrade this will be. The battery is a concern. So is the 810. But, if (and that's a big if) Moto comes through with some semblance of a "shatter proof" screen that could be a big deal. Throw in a better camera and this could be a worthy successor.

By the way, the article says that Motorola has just disclosed the X Force and Turbo 2 launch. Is that accurate?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2