Droid Turbo 2??

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The biggest deal breaker is the display. The rumors were it'd have a POLED display. That's not one I've seen before, so I was wanting to look into it. On the official Motorola page, it's listed as an AMOLED display. So far, I've yet to see one of those I like. They all have a yellow tint and I prefer the more true whites that an LCD can display (I.e. The M9 and G4). While at Verizon the other day, all the AMOLED phones had massive burn in on the screens. One could argue that it's inevitable on an always on demo display, but the M9 I looked at had no burn in. I like my phone screen on during charging, even if I'm not actively using it, so that is a rather big concern for me. I may consider it more if they give it a cooler color temp than other AMOLEDs, but not holding my breath.

Other smaller issues are apparent lack of stereo speakers (which were also heavily rumored to be on the phone), and IR blaster. Its large size is also a negative for me, but it seems like I'll be forced into a phablet if I want a higher end phone. I've given up on looking for something I can fit in my pocket, and will look into getting a belt holster for whatever phone I do get. Right now leaning to the G4, but not 100% sure yet.

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I'll stick with my original droid .64 gb + 100gb thru Google so this will last me for years to come. Battery life 2.5-3 days with moderate use and fast as lighting. Great pics and if I wanted better I would get a DSR !. JUST WISH VERIZON would lower rates but so far they do have the best signal. But since I'm on WiFi 99% of the time I make look at other options.... T.Mobile ,Att, evev prepaid

Posted via the Android Central App

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll stick with my original droid .64 gb + 100gb thru Google so this will last me for years to come. Battery life 2.5-3 days with moderate use and fast as lighting. Great pics and if I wanted better I would get a DSR !. JUST WISH VERIZON would lower rates but so far they do have the best signal. But since I'm on WiFi 99% of the time I make look at other options.... T.Mobile ,Att, evev prepaid

Posted via the Android Central App
What is your original droid?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming Turbo if he has 64gb.

Yeah, I'm guessing he meant original Droid Turbo also, as the original Droid would be this:

OG-Droid-Update.jpg

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I still have mine, and it still works. My wife is currently carrying it around to see if she can deal with the extra size of a small smartphone vs her flip phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa