Android Central's Hands-On with the DROID TURBO 2

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It's upsetting to hear that the picture quality is lacking. Droid Life just reported that the screen is POLED and now I'm reading that its a P-AMOLED. The organic display seemed a bit too good to be true. Hopefully it's at least better than the OG Turbo. The front is crowded, but part of me thinks it's badass. I wasn't expecting too much from the camera and picture quality department, just that it's at least on par, but hopefully better than the Turbo 1.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
19.5 GB available for the 32 GB model. That's terrible for a phone in 2015.

IMO, understandable for a carrier-branded phone that's more than that - the DROID is Verizon's line. If you don't want a carrier putting crap on a phone, don't buy a carrier phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
IMO, understandable for a carrier-branded phone that's more than that - the DROID is Verizon's line. If you don't want a carrier putting crap on a phone, don't buy a carrier phone.

The Droid Maxx from 2 years ago had about 24 GB left on a 32 GB model. If I'm not mistaken, the Turbo was about 23. It's getting worse, not better.

(But, yeah, I'm already never buying a carrier phone again, not so much for this reason, but this is icing on the cake. Verizon has great service for me, but this is a disappointing stat on top of Verizon's poor support of these devices in the last year and a half.)

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
At least it has the sd card to make make for a big part of that.

Ive always disabled the bloat i didnt use anyway.

I think the newer android systems use more space (because it does more) so its not unexpected it takes up more room. Thats why we dont see 8 and 16 gig phones much anymore. Its kinda common sense...

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 5x has, I believe, 23 GB available on the 32 GB model. If the 4GB was for Moto app features, great, but for Amazon apps that I can download (but wouldn't, except for the Kindle app) and things like NFL Mobile and games (which I never play) is disappointing.

Too bad they don't put stubs that do downloads from the Play Store instead for all those apps.

If they're uninstallable, though - that's fine.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 5x has, I believe, 23 GB available on the 32 GB model. If the 4GB was for Moto app features, great, but for Amazon apps that I can download (but wouldn't, except for the Kindle app) and things like NFL Mobile and games (which I never play) is disappointing.

Too bad they don't put stubs that do downloads from the Play Store instead for all those apps.

If they're uninstallable, though - that's fine.

Generally the bloatware apps can be very easily disabled (all downloaded updates removed, app removed from tray and unable to run, but still listed under apps in settings and able to be re-enabled), but not really fully removed without significant work (aka root). It would be wonderful if Verizon could get their payday from these app publishers by simply providing download links (that could be easily removed) instead of actually preinstalled apps, and then future Android updates didn't rely on testing that took those apps into consideration.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Right, disabling them is fine - we here probably all do it, but you're still a few GB in the hole.

If they can be uninstalled, that'd be great. At least the third party apps and games. I could see Verizon wanting their apps to stay on.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Right, disabling them is fine - we here probably all do it, but you're still a few GB in the hole.

If they can be uninstalled, that'd be great. At least the third party apps and games. I could see Verizon wanting their apps to stay on.

Sure. I'd probably leave Verizon's on there, but immediately remove the stupid games they're adding on. It's just an easy way for Verizon to make some extra money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy