The Contact Doesn't Exist Error

ninjasenses

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just recently picked up the Turbo 2 and one issue I have been having is when I drop down the notification bar, there is an icon next to the settings that shows an avatar. When I click the avatar a toast pops up that says "The contact doesn't exist". I have read that this is because I am not signed into a google account but I'm actually signed into 3 on my phone. I also set the phone up with the previous google account I used and none of my apps or wifi passwords came over. Can anyone help?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
On your previous phone did you have Settings > Accounts > Menu > Auto sync data checked?
Did you go to Settings > Accounts > Select account and make sure that contacts, calendar, whatever were set to sync?
Have you gone online to Gmail and checked to see if your contacts are there?

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For my Turbo1, I had to set up the "My Local Profile" contact. If you go to contacts, I believe there is a contact for "Me" or Local Profile. This serves as your ID while logged in. Kind of like logging in as a different user on a PC. I think the only thing I did was change the pic and type in my name. It uses that for your id in some system apps like messaging and the notification tray.

ninjasenses

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
For my Turbo1, I had to set up the "My Local Profile" contact. If you go to contacts, I believe there is a contact for "Me" or Local Profile. This serves as your ID while logged in. Kind of like logging in as a different user on a PC. I think the only thing I did was change the pic and type in my name. It uses that for your id in some system apps like messaging and the notification tray.

Thanks that did the trick!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech