Anyone else having issues with SD Card Recognition?

MacQ32

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Pretty straight forward question, pulled my Scandisk Card from my S4 and inserted it into the Turbo 2. I'm unable to view it in the directory and when I go to Options > Storage all of my SD card options are grayed out, as if it is not there.. I don't know the exact model of the 32gb SD card but it's fairly new, I'm sure it's compatible with the Turbo 2. Anyone run into anything similar? Any suggestions?

Thanks

MacQ32

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It definitely is, I cant view it at all to reformat it (I dont have an SD slot in my PC, and it's not recognized when I usb the phone to my PC). It worked a week ago in my S4 (before it crapped the bed), but I'll test the SD Card in another functioning phone when I can.

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
My card worked fine for a few hours, then the phone said it was damaged. Currently reformatting it and moving music from the phone to the card. We'll see how long it keeps the info now. I'll check back in regularly.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I know you said you didnt have anywhere else to mount the SD chip, but I had problems with *some* apps writing data to the SD card, creating directories, etc until I added a VOLUME label to the SD card. Seem that there is a security bug in Android that if there isnt a label, some apps will not work properly. Odd things kept happening. Do a google search on android lollipop sd label. there are many topics on this. Had to do this to both mine, and my wifes phone for all apps access to work. Don''t have to format to add the label. I didnt have a SD card in my windows laptop, but i happened to have other devices (like my Garmin GPS) with a SD card socket that i then connected to my laptop, and it mounted the SD card as a disk on windows, and was able to access it that way.

kmf1, I know you said in other forums, that you didnt have problems, but you also complained about 2 copies of photo directories showing up. I believe it could be related.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
@djousma...I didn't think about that. You may very well be correct. Not by a computer these past few days. When I get back home I may try to name and format the SD card.

Anthony_43

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I have a 128 gig sd card for my turbo 2 and I keep getting "damaged sd card try reformating". I've reformatted a few times, formatted it through the pc, checked disk for errors through pc, fixed errors, and same thing. At best I can get it to work, then reboot the phone and get the same error message, at which point it finds errors in the android Directory. Ive even tried sending files to phone, then using phone to move to sd via the prompt when i insert the card and get the error on reboot. Any ideas to get it to work?

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 128 gig sd card for my turbo 2 and I keep getting "damaged sd card try reformating". I've reformatted a few times, formatted it through the pc, checked disk for errors through pc, fixed errors, and same thing. At best I can get it to work, then reboot the phone and get the same error message, at which point it finds errors in the android Directory. Ive even tried sending files to phone, then using phone to move to sd via the prompt when i insert the card and get the error on reboot. Any ideas to get it to work?

This just happened to me for the first time after owning the phone since basically the release date. I reformatted it and lost all my photos. I never had any issues before, but I decided to reboot my phone and this is exactly what happened. Now it appears to be working, but I'm afraid now to accumulate photos and then reboot my phone again.

Anybody else have a clue why this might have happened, or have a workaround if it occurs again?

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a SanDisk Ultra 128 GB as well and my videos (short 6 minute videos) are getting deleted. Initially, I figured it was the card so I reformatted it, but it is happening again. This is basically my first experience with an SD card, so I admittedly don't know what I am doing.

Blueshifter

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a partial solution:
My Alcatel Idol 3, 4.7", happily recognised an old 16Gb card but did not not recognise a new SanDisk64Gb SD card.
The 64Gb card was properly formatted to MS Dos and works on my Mac correctly.
Here's the weird thing: If you switch the phone on, the card is not recognised.
If you then click on 'Restart phone' from the switch off options, the card is recognised.
If the phone is powered off and on, the card will not be recognised again until the phone is restarted. So, this is a partial, but not practical solution! :-\

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a ton of music on a brand new 200GB Sandisc card. it mostly works fine, but sometimes doesn't access perfectly and apps stall out trying to scan all the files.Mostly issues when looking at a huge list of playlists that don't actually refer to the songs in their real location on the card. The card seems to be working about as well as a bleeding edge capacity micro card should work in my mind.

My guess is that this is not 100% mature tech yet. When we all have UHS-3 micro cards from reputable manufacturers, this conversation will be far more muted. Something as temporal as hundreds of GB on a micro card will never be without some failing pieces, though.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a ton of music on a brand new 200GB Sandisc card. it mostly works fine, but sometimes doesn't access perfectly and apps stall out trying to scan all the files.Mostly issues when looking at a huge list of playlists that don't actually refer to the songs in their real location on the card. The card seems to be working about as well as a bleeding edge capacity micro card should work in my mind.

My guess is that this is not 100% mature tech yet. When we all have UHS-3 micro cards from reputable manufacturers, this conversation will be far more muted. Something as temporal as hundreds of GB on a micro card will never be without some failing pieces, though.

Just put Samsung Pro+ 128Gb UHS-3 in my Turbo2 last night as adoptable storage. Working great so far! Prior to that I had bought the Sandisk Ultra Plus 64Gb, but was having some unexplained problems(app icons disappearing from desktop,etc). Right now they are on sale, with $60 off at Best Buy.

PKerrivan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I used my Sandisk 64GB card as adoptable storage for a couple months, but it kept acting buggy, so I switched it back to external. Everything was fine until recently when the phone stopped recognising the card at all, not even an error message. Occasionally after a boot the phone will see the card temporarily.

Chris Fretwell

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
PKerrivan , My Turbo 2 just started this as well the other day. Judging by our perfect timing suggest a software update glitch. What ever those damn updates recently were is doing this. What do you think?

Chris Fretwell

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
PKerrivan , My Turbo 2 just started this as well the other day. Judging by our perfect timing suggest a software update glitch. What ever those damn updates recently were is doing this. What do you think? can we revert back just one update? Your phone problem is identical to mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non