Weird pop ups just started!

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, so this is very annoying! Just yesterday, random spam has been popping up on the screen. It happened after hanging up the phone. It just happened after unplugging the charger. The phone goes to spam websites via Chrome. Anyone else have this?! Very annoying.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you still have DT IGnite installed? I'd uninstall it if I were you. Its a known problem for automatically loading games and who knows what on your phone. It is one you can fully uninstall, along with the 4-5 games that were also preloaded from it.

FYI, I have not seen any of this.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't fully uninstall DT Ignite either, but I do have it disabled. I was also reading this morning about Adware apps installing themselves into the root systems of phones. Coming from apps downloaded from 3rd party websites.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering what it was myself...thanks for the heads up. It is now disabled.

Posted via the Android Central App

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
There is a good app you can use to detect and find adware apps, its ad-network scanner by lookout.

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you installed any apps from 3rd party sites? That's almost the only way to get malware on Android. The other thing I've seen is browser stuff, which just requires clearing out the browser (cache, etc). I've seen that on iOS and Android both.

inspectorduffy

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Seems this is a common problem. This is a reply from another forum:

I finally found the solution!!

This irritated me so much I actually came back to all the forums and registered so that I could help other people fix this. (P.S. I never leave comments on these forums so you must know how much this stupid popup thing annoyed me that I actually come back and registered)

It is a malicious app that is causing it. In my case it was "MP3 Music Download Best". Someone else found it was "Simple Mp3 Downloader". It could be potentially be almost any app though.

The app that I used to find the malicious app is called "Ad Clean & Antivirus by StopBadApp Mobile Security". It has great reviews on Google Play as well.

Install this app and let it scan your device and it will find the app that is causing your problem.

Let me know if this sorts out your problem. This popup thing has been annoying me for weeks and I would like to know if this helped anyone else.

Good luck!

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
This popped up when opening Google Photos
86708369a314182e39cde51bdc4a1f56.jpg
[/IMG]

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Spam pop ups just started! Ugh!

OK, no third party apps downloaded. Phone just a week old. When opening apps like Tapatalk or Google Photos, I'm getting spam full page pop ups. When "minimizing" I see that it's something called Upgrade Page. See attached screenshots. I can't stand this. Looked online but can't find solutions that work. Ad detectors found nothing! Help greatly appreciated.uploadfromtaptalk1447003838326.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447003890823.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447003908040.jpg

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Spam pop ups just started! Ugh!

This is definitely some kind of malware or virus I have all sorts of apps installed and never seen any type of pop ups

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
You now have 2 threads devoted to the same thing. Why? I would suggest factory reset to see if it eliminates the problem.
Just looking for some help buddy that's all. And yes factory data reset is an option. Albeit for me a last resort and for a one week old phone, this is frustrating none the least, I'm sure you'd agree....no?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01