Just used $100 UPGRADE promo code with $200 trade-in rebate

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Haven't seen other mentions of Verizon's $100 off UPGRADE promo code, but FYI I took advantage of it today, in addition to $200 assessed trade-in for an old 2011 cracked screen (wow) HTC Trophy Windows Phone. This worked since my line was eligible for upgrade and I'm switching to device payment plan. Total out-of-pocket cost will be $348 plus tax for 32GB black pebble leather, seems like best possible deal, no?

Maybe Black Friday will have even better deals, just note I was told the trade-in promotion ends Nov 20.

Keith's Droid Turbo 2.jpg

Last edited:

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
"UPGRADE"

:)

It's mentioned on the Verizon main devices page, though I haven't noticed it until today.

Posted via the Android Central App

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Just entered UPGRADE in the final checkout page. I believe this code is only for upgrade-eligible lines, switching to device payment plan.

Demoic

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
My line is upgrade eligible I am just receiving the following even without a trade in promo "Unfortunately, this promo code can't be combined with the other promotions already on this order. You can be confident that we've applied the codes that will give you the very best deal "

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I got a code in a text message that works if I checkout for 200 for my G2 but this came a few days after I purchased the turbo 2 anyone know if I can just walk into a Verizon store to trade in my g2 for the 200 or I need to mail it out

Demoic

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
You can do it at the Verizon Store. I personally did it for my wives phone with just such a text about 2 months ago. You will just need to supply them with the promo code in the text.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
You can do it at the Verizon Store. I personally did it for my wives phone with just such a text about 2 months ago. You will just need to supply them with the promo code in the text.

Thank you and the credit your wireless account right away or it takes so many months to show

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My line is upgrade eligible I am just receiving the following even without a trade in promo "Unfortunately, this promo code can't be combined with the other promotions already on this order. You can be confident that we've applied the codes that will give you the very best deal "

Same here

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
This code is only for committing to 2 years and using the financing of the phone I believe

Is there a better alternative, other than just paying full price up front? I don't see an advantage to that, since there's no financing charge.

Also, is there actually a 2-year commitment on the new device payment plans? Even though they bill for the phone in 24 monthly installments, I thought I'd read there's an option to pay it off early without penalty.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I was trying with the 24-month financing. Also where did you actually find this promo code?

Interesting, it pops up on Verizon website when I log in, but not there otherwise. I also received a Verizon email about it this morning. Perhaps only targeted to select accounts, companies, regions, etc.?

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
This code is only for committing to 2 years and using the financing of the phone I believe

That's what I tried, had a VZW rep on chat too. You could likely get the 200 trade in OR the 100 discount but apparently not both together.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
That's what I tried, had a VZW rep on chat too. You could likely get the 200 trade in OR the 100 discount but apparently not both together.
If the OP managed to get both, Verizon probably closed a loophole sometime afterward. I get the same message about the multiple promos.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
If the OP managed to get both, Verizon probably closed a loophole sometime afterward. I get the same message about the multiple promos.

Note, I didn't enter any other promo code for the trade-in program, that was handled separately in the online ordering process, and Verizon has been sending all the relevant docs and info about it.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Note, I didn't enter any other promo code for the trade-in program, that was handled separately in the online ordering process, and Verizon has been sending all the relevant docs and info about it.
My experience sounds exactly the same as yours except for the "can't combine offers code".

For the trade in part, I check out most of the way with the Turbo until a pop up window has two buttons, one is " I have device to trade in" This gives me the $200 credit for an old phone with white marks on the screen.

But then I add the upgrade promo on the review page, and I get the error message.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37