Droid Turbo2 Sound Sucks

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I recieved the turbo2 yesterday and played around with it,today I called verizion and told them to put me back on my droid maxx because I could not get the volume to go any higher same with music.I googled the problem and seen there were quite a number of problems people are having with the turbo 2 sound.I even took it to verizion and they couldn't get it any higher.I still have 13 days left so I am going to hang on to it and hope someone will figure it out,if not I'll check out the motox pure edition.
mike

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had that problem. When I first got it the sound was muffled, but I was keeping the plastic covering on the phone until I could get a glass screen protector, and it was covering the speaker holes. Once I peeled that off, the sound became quite loud.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Downloaded Tunein Radio app on the VZ store display model so I was able to stream the same station on my T1 one. The store display was definitely louder than my T1

Posted via the Android Central App

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I recieved the turbo2 yesterday and played around with it,today I called verizion and told them to put me back on my droid maxx because I could not get the volume to go any higher same with music.I googled the problem and seen there were quite a number of problems people are having with the turbo 2 sound.I even took it to verizion and they couldn't get it any higher.I still have 13 days left so I am going to hang on to it and hope someone will figure it out,if not I'll check out the motox pure edition.
mike

Try disabling the app "Audio Effects" which is a built-in EQ for the phone. It has worked on previous Motorola phones including the OG Droid Turbo. I am loving both the earpiece call volume and the external speaker volume. Big improvement over the Turbo 1.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Try disabling the app "Audio Effects" which is a built-in EQ for the phone. It has worked on previous Motorola phones including the OG Droid Turbo. I am loving both the earpiece call volume and the external speaker volume. Big improvement over the Turbo 1.

Where do you find that?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
mike

Is this via the speakers, headphones, bluetooth, something else, or some combo? In what situations are you not getting the volume you want/expect?

srt8-in-largo

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
News flash: loud music on ALL phones SUCK.

The built in speakers, on any phone, are not intended to be a knock-your-socks off experience. If you really cared about sound quality and not listening to bull**** coming through phone speakers, get a set of audiophile grade earbuds.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I think the turbo 2 speaker is fairly loud, can play a video through it and hear it the last phones I had you had to hold the phone to your ears with any other little noise.

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had that problem. When I first got it the sound was muffled, but I was keeping the plastic covering on the phone until I could get a glass screen protector, and it was covering the speaker holes. Once I peeled that off, the sound became quite loud.
found out the reason why i had low sound,i still had the plastic on the front,i peeled it all the way off and now it works,but it's too late i sent it back a day ago,i might go check out the moto-x-pure-edition to see what thats all about before i make a decision.

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I read that the T2 has just one speaker, despite having two speaker outlets. What's up with that?
bad move on motorola's part,i wish they had put that shatterproof screen on that pure-edition along with that turbo2 battery,that would have made an awsome phone,maybe a little big.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
problem is verizion don't have them and who knows if there gonna sell them.

They won't. The Pure Edition is not being sold by carriers. It'll work on Verizon's network - you just won't be able to purchase one through them.

Turbo II

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
found out the reason why i had low sound,i still had the plastic on the front,i peeled it all the way off and now it works,but it's too late i sent it back a day ago,i might go check out the moto-x-pure-edition to see what thats all about before i make a decision.

Maybe you should re-title this thread. The sound is acceptable on my unit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad