Battery Drain Issues & Resolutions

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I had it checked to avoid poor connections. This is an all of the sudden thing though. I've had the phone for two weeks and this is the first time cell standby is chunking down my battery life. Reset didn't work, might just factory reset for fun.
I've had the same problem for about the last 4 daysv with my Moto X Pure. I have also had the avoid poor WiFi connections setting checked, but it has been that way since I've had the phone.

I'm going to try to reboot and see if it helps. Statistically, cell stand-by doesn't look bad as a percentage, but I don't think it should be on so much (as a top 3 or 4 battery drainer even when I'm on WiFi.)

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This is what I got yesterday with about 2.5 hours of YouTube and everything turned on. I'm content with this. With normal usage I should never be to charge before the end of the night. And that's pretty much all I ask for.

Attachments

• 1448825629803.jpg
    1448825629803.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 31

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Drain Issues & Resolutions

I've had the same problem for about the last 4 daysv with my Moto X Pure. I have also had the avoid poor WiFi connections setting checked, but it has been that way since I've had the phone.

I'm going to try to reboot and see if it helps. Statistically, cell stand-by doesn't look bad as a percentage, but I don't think it should be on so much (as a top 3 or 4 battery drainer even when I'm on WiFi.)

The way I eventually fixed this was by switching location from high accuracy to battery saving mode (unless using gps). The DT2 has a very aggressive LTE radio, and it will try and hold LTE in areas where we really should be on 3G bc the LTE speed isn't attainable anyway.

Note that this cell standby drain/ mobile radio active doesn't appear when there is a strong LTE signal even with high accuracy selected and allow scanning turned on

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

The way I eventually fixed this was by switching location from high accuracy to battery saving mode (unless using gps). The DT2 has a very aggressive LTE radio, and it will try and hold LTE in areas where we really should be on 3G bc the LTE speed isn't attainable anyway.

Note that this cell standby drain/ mobile radio active doesn't appear when there is a strong LTE signal even with high accuracy selected and allow scanning turned on
You're right. I did the same and the last 3 hours have been a noticeable improvement.

Last edited:

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
How do you get to the process stats page? Can't find developer menu!
You have to tap on the build number several times consecutively to unlock the dev menu. Settings -> About phone -> Build number -> taptaptaptap...

Posted via the Android Central App

DonGreyface

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I just got the DT2 last night after shattering the screen on my DT1 Sunday night. So today is my first full day of use, and I am a little disappointed right now. I have 38% left with just 2hr35m SOT. I'm using it the same as my old phone since I don't have to get used to a new UI and my DT1 would only be down to roughly 65% by now. I'm hoping I didn't get a bad phone. As a matter of fact my battery dropped to 36% just while typing this. And ideas? I don't seem to have a rogue app and all other settings are how I had them on the DT1.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got the DT2 last night after shattering the screen on my DT1 Sunday night. So today is my first full day of use, and I am a little disappointed right now. I have 38% left with just 2hr35m SOT. I'm using it the same as my old phone since I don't have to get used to a new UI and my DT1 would only be down to roughly 65% by now. I'm hoping I didn't get a bad phone. As a matter of fact my battery dropped to 36% just while typing this. And ideas? I don't seem to have a rogue app and all other settings are how I had them on the DT1.

Understood. But you gotta post battery stats from GSam or Process Stats so we can help.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Since I just downloaded GSam I don't have an accurate reading on that.

Unlock developer options in settings by tapping build number until it unlocks then the 5th selection from the top is process stats. Click the hamburger menu and set duration to 24 hours and post that ss

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Next

Ok the one thing pro stats doesn't show is screen on time and cell standby. Use the regular battery stats menu and post the first screen then click on screen and post that, then click cell standby and post that.

The app usage looks normal, however I'd look into disabling some of the Verizon bloat if you haven't, I made a nice post in this forum on which ones are safe.

DonGreyface

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Is this what you're wanting? I have the rest of the list but for some reason can only post 1 pic at a time. Sorry for the ignorance on how to do this.

Attachments

• 1235.jpg
    1235.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 37

DonGreyface

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
And for good measure. BTW, the signal has always been the same for me no matter the phone because of where I work. And I've always left WiFi on. Plus I always disable verizon bloatware.

Attachments

• 1243.jpg
    1243.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 36

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome