Battery Drain Issues & Resolutions

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My battery has been getting destroyed the last couple of days. The phone's radio is staying active somehow.

Attachments

• 1448029482266.jpg
    1448029482266.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 1448029493466.jpg
    1448029493466.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 106

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try a reboot? I notice your WiFi signal is only 50%, maybe you're dropping off WiFi without knowing? There is a setting in the WiFi settings that will avoid poor internet connections.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Optimum WiFi is a blessing and a curse. If I save my login for it, when I drive it probably goes crazy. The handoffs have been great with the last DT1 update and now with the DT2, but it still is annoying when it interrupts gps to do so and I miss a turn lol.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Optimum WiFi is a blessing and a curse. If I save my login for it, when I drive it probably goes crazy. The handoffs have been great with the last DT1 update and now with the DT2, but it still is annoying when it interrupts gps to do so and I miss a turn lol.

Yea, you're probably spending more time on cell data than you think. I tried those cable WiFi's for a while, but had more trouble using them than it was worth. If you want to run an experiment, go into your WiFi settings and see what the option for avoiding poor internet connection says. If the setting is ON, turn it OFF, and see what happens. It that setting is already OFF, then well, my theory is kind of busted.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea, you're probably spending more time on cell data than you think. I tried those cable WiFi's for a while, but had more trouble using them than it was worth. If you want to run an experiment, go into your WiFi settings and see what the option for avoiding poor internet connection says. If the setting is ON, turn it OFF, and see what happens. It that setting is already OFF, then well, my theory is kind of busted.

I had it checked to avoid poor connections. This is an all of the sudden thing though. I've had the phone for two weeks and this is the first time cell standby is chunking down my battery life. Reset didn't work, might just factory reset for fun.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had it checked to avoid poor connections. This is an all of the sudden thing though. I've had the phone for two weeks and this is the first time cell standby is chunking down my battery life. Reset didn't work, might just factory reset for fun.

A factory reset is never fun. Lol

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me why the dialer And contacts app needs to constantly ping location? They're always on the list.

Attachments

• 1448040757944.jpg
    1448040757944.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 65

sava700

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I returned my Turbo 2 the other night and got a new one - The reasons was for #1 the screen cover is so soft that I sliced it slightly and I wasn't aware it would do that but I was gonna be patient for that and maybe not but then Thurs I noticed I was down to 50% with hardly using the phone - put it on the charger it got really hot and hit 100% and restarted on its own. Once it came back up it corrupted two apps to the point I had to start uninstalling them just to figure out if an app was the problem. The corruption caused the screen to go blank and lock up. Needless to say I wasn't happy and there was no way I was gonna wait another day to go tell them and get it replaced as I was still within the 14 day time frame. I made it clear that the replacement started a new 14day period and that I would watch this one like a hawk.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I returned my Turbo 2 the other night and got a new one - The reasons was for #1 the screen cover is so soft that I sliced it slightly and I wasn't aware it would do that but I was gonna be patient for that and maybe not but then Thurs I noticed I was down to 50% with hardly using the phone - put it on the charger it got really hot and hit 100% and restarted on its own. Once it came back up it corrupted two apps to the point I had to start uninstalling them just to figure out if an app was the problem. The corruption caused the screen to go blank and lock up. Needless to say I wasn't happy and there was no way I was gonna wait another day to go tell them and get it replaced as I was still within the 14 day time frame. I made it clear that the replacement started a new 14day period and that I would watch this one like a hawk.

Dam. That's a rare and unfortunate situation. Hope your new one works as intended.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Being in a low service zone causes Cell Standby to go bananas. I have a steady 2 bars of 4G and the mobile radio is constantly active.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
*Fixed* after experimenting with turning off a ton of settings one by one, I found the way to stop cell standby drain when in lower reception areas.

Set location to battery saving from high accuracy. (Battery saving is actually the default setting on a new DT2)

bogeyjoker

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same (or similar) problem. Phone reception in my house is 1x or 3g half the time. Phone was also awake 100% of the time. I'm not sure the issues were related, but I did a factory reset and only installed my most important apps and did them one at a time to see if I could isolate if it was a rogue app or if it was systemic.

I'm not sure what the culprit was, but so far so good. Phone is awake only when I want it awake...but phone radio is still lousy inside my house.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Drain Issues & Resolutions

I was having the same (or similar) problem. Phone reception in my house is 1x or 3g half the time. Phone was also awake 100% of the time. I'm not sure the issues were related, but I did a factory reset and only installed my most important apps and did them one at a time to see if I could isolate if it was a rogue app or if it was systemic.

I'm not sure what the culprit was, but so far so good. Phone is awake only when I want it awake...but phone radio is still lousy inside my house.

When you use turn by turn nav on maps it prompts you to switch to high accuracy location setting. So that factory reset very well could have just put your location setting back to battery saving, which is the default at first time startup, that is, if you were having the cell standby issue.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

So, my phone is being held awake 100% of the time as well. Anybody have suggestions? I've already disabled most of the apps, are they any known culprits that come pre-installed?
Screenshot_2015-11-24-10-33-29.jpg

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

So, my phone is being held awake 100% of the time as well. Anybody have suggestions? I've already disabled most of the apps, are they any known culprits that come pre-installed?
View attachment 206901

That looks like a renegade app. Can you post a SS from Process Stats in developer menu please, and cross reference that with stock battery monitor and GSam battery monitor.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech