Does your vibration motor sound loose?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So, after going through the whole fiasco where the first DT2 I got was defective because it kept disconnecting from the network randomly, the replacement DT2 sounds like the vibration motor inside is loose. It is distinctly different from the first phone. It makes a buzzing noise as if it were laying on a hard surface, even when it's not. Does anyone else have this issue with their DT2? It seems Motorola/Lenovo have some serious QC problems.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
No but I do notice that there are different levels of vibration depending what I am doing.

When I turn on the flashlight by the double chop gesture, the vibration is very significant.
When I do the double twist to open the camera, the vibration is lighter.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So, after going through the whole fiasco where the first DT2 I got was defective because it kept disconnecting from the network randomly, the replacement DT2 sounds like the vibration motor inside is loose. It is distinctly different from the first phone. It makes a buzzing noise as if it were laying on a hard surface, even when it's not. Does anyone else have this issue with their DT2? It seems Motorola/Lenovo have some serious QC problems.

No buzzing or looseness - we've got 3 new Turbo 2's (all ordered via Motomaker) and they're all rock solid.

- Jon