Black Friday - Turbo 2 $200 off, I used the $100 upgrade code & traded in a cracked phone for $200.

gimme2more

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Black Friday - Turbo 2 $200 off, I used the $100 upgrade code & traded in a cracked phone for $200.

I was waiting to see what they would do and this is a great deal for the Turbo 2.
They lowered the monthly payments so the phone is $424 instead of $624 and you can trade in a phone for up to $300 -- that's $500 off. There is also a $100 upgrade code, but if you're an existing customer (the only way to use the upgrade code), the trade-in will be a max of $200 so it's still $500.

I traded in a cracked Razr M for $200 and used the $100 upgrade code.

Cracked.
Razr M.
$200.
Wow.
Sick deal!

I think you need to have the Turbo 2 in your cart in order to be able to trade in a cracked phone...then it will have a value of $200 or $300 depending if you're a new or existing customer. I'm an existing customer so they gave me $200.

Don't know how it will work for contracts, but I wanted the extra $100 upgrade discount, so I went with monthly payments.

I am the opposite of an early adopter, so this deal really worked on me. Haha. Good work Verizon :)
Can't wait to get it.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Black Friday - Turbo 2 $200 off, I used the $100 upgrade code & traded in a cracked phone for $2

Also on Black Friday they have the LG G4 or V10 $100 off and $300 to trade in a working smartphone and LG is also throwing in $100 rebate so the G4 winds up costing $ 90.64 including tax. You have to start a new line or port a line in

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Black Friday - Turbo 2 $200 off, I used the $100 upgrade code & traded in a cracked phone for $2

What's the monthly cost with this deal?

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

What's the monthly cost with this deal?

The phone? The phone on 0% APR 24 month financing is $17.76 however you should be able to use your $300 rebate from VZN to pay off the balance (when you add another $124 to the payment).

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Also on Black Friday they have the LG G4 or V10 $100 off and $300 to trade in a working smartphone and LG is also throwing in $100 rebate so the G4 winds up costing $ 90.64 including tax. You have to start a new line or port a line in

Not sure that is the sweet spot on either of those phones. A couple of weeks ago the rebate was $200 from LG for the G4 and the V10 had an offer for a 200 gb sd card, QI charging stand and a spare battery. Shocked to see them come back with lower incentives.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I was waiting to see what they would do and this is a great deal for the Turbo 2.
They lowered the monthly payments so the phone is $424 instead of $624 and you can trade in a phone for up to $300 -- that's $500 off. There is also a $100 upgrade code, but if you're an existing customer (the only way to use the upgrade code), the trade-in will be a max of $200 so it's still $500.

I traded in a cracked Razr M for $200 and used the $100 upgrade code.

Cracked.
Razr M.
$200.
Wow.
Sick deal!

I think you need to have the Turbo 2 in your cart in order to be able to trade in a cracked phone...then it will have a value of $200 or $300 depending if you're a new or existing customer. I'm an existing customer so they gave me $200.

Don't know how it will work for contracts, but I wanted the extra $100 upgrade discount, so I went with monthly payments.

I am the opposite of an early adopter, so this deal really worked on me. Haha. Good work Verizon :)
Can't wait to get it.

Where do I find this $100 off code for existing customers? Thanks!

I assume the $200 or $300 trade-in is only for adding new lines with Device Payment Plan? (not when upgrading existing line)

Last edited:

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

The phone? The phone on 0% APR 24 month financing is $17.76 however you should be able to use your $300 rebate from VZN to pay off the balance (when you add another $124 to the payment).

That blows I'm paying $26/month.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I saw a Verizon deal for people not currently on Verizon for $5.16 (or possibly $5.61) per month.

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Ok, new updates on this whole push VZN is doing.

1) Take trade in to store and get instant $300 off purchase price versus worrying about applying credit/gift card to balance.

2) VZN is now requiring 3 months of continuous service under these trade in deals (likely due to getting hammered on the LG G4 deal last earlier).

How can I make this deal sweeter?
Two things you can try: first, use coupon code VZWDEAL or VZWPROMO for an additional $50 off (works only on some devices, not all). Second, use a cash back site such as eB@tes or TopC@shBack when you order to receive additional cash back on your order.

Can I apply the $300 trade-in credit towards device purchase?
You can only do that if you do the transaction in-store. If you purchase online, you will either get a gift card or account credit for $300. Read the next question to see if you can use this for paying off the device.

Can I use the $300 trade-in e-GiftCard or account credit to pay for the device?
You cannot use account credit to pay off device balances (unless you close your account, see next question). You can use the $300 eGiftCard to pay off device balances that are less than $300. This is because Verizon allows only a single payment method to pay off device balances. You cannot use a gift card to pay off device balances that are greater than the gift card balance, nor can you use multiple gift cards and/or multiple payment methods. Period.

Does this mean I am stuck with account credits or gift card(s) if my device balance is more than $300?
If you cancel your account with Verizon, then you will receive a final bill. You can pay the final bill using multiple payment methods. If you have account credits, Verizon will consider it in the final bill (any outstanding credits will be applied to your bill).

Can I just pay off the device balance and cancel my account immediately after purchase?
A couple of days back, Verizon added a new written clause in their trade-in screen: "If you received promo value when trading in a device and/or instant device savings, you will be charged for that value if you do not maintain active service for three billing cycles, unless you return the device within 14 days." All earlier promos didn't have this requirement, and hence people were able to cancel their account immediately. It is unclear how Verizon is going to approach this promo with updated terms. If you want to be very sure, just stay with Verizon for 3 months.

Can I trade in a cracked phone?
On speaking to online rep and on the site a cracked phone can only be traded in for a Droid Charge Turbo.

ST_Jim

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately their online store won't let me keep my UDP with these deals, or even at full retail. Before these deals the "upgrade $100" would would with the payment plan, and I could keep UDP.

And I don't have a cracked phone for trade, just my currently in use Droid Razr Maxx - which I want to keep as a spare.

Verizon is sure doing me a lot of favors...

gimme2more

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

Where do I find this $100 off code for existing customers? Thanks!

I assume the $200 or $300 trade-in is only for adding new lines with Device Payment Plan? (not when upgrading existing line)

The $100 code is "upgrade". My trade-in was for an existing line.

You probly can trade-in with a contract deal, but the upgrade code stipulates signing up for the device payment plan.

Last edited:

gimme2more

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

I saw a Verizon deal for people not currently on Verizon for $5.16 (or possibly $5.61) per month.

Yah, I.saw that in one of the "leaked" Black Friday ads, but it looked kinda faked to me, with placeholder images...etc.

Where did you see it?

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Do you get $200 trade in for any working smartphone? Or do they still appraise it? When I tried online it looked like they were only giving me $75 for an iPhone 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Yah, I.saw that in one of the "leaked" Black Friday ads, but it looked kinda faked to me, with placeholder images...etc.

Where did you see it?

Pretty sure it was an Android Central article, or possibly Droid Life. One or the other.

gimme2more

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

Pretty sure it was an Android Central article, or possibly Droid Life. One or the other.

Yeah, that's the one I saw too. Haven't found it IRL. If it was a leak, I just thought those were placeholder numbers. I'm pretty happy with $17.66, along with the trade-in & upgrade 👍

gimme2more

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

Do you get $200 trade in for any working smartphone? Or do they still appraise it? When I tried online it looked like they were only giving me $75 for an iPhone 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes for new customers. If you're existing then I think you'll need to be getting one of the phones being promoted for Black Friday. If you log in & add the phone first, then you'll know.

This is what it says for the new costumer deal:

How to claim this offer.

New Verizon customers can get up to $300 for their old phone

Add a new smartphone with monthly device payments to your cart.
Complete your trade-in appraisal during checkout.
When prompted, click “trade in old device.” You will be taken to the device trade-in page to appraise your old smartphone.
Send us your trade-in in good, working condition.
You'll receive a box to return it within 5 days. New Verizon customers will receive a VZW electronic gift card within 2 weeks and existing Verizon customers will receive an account credit in 1-2 billing cycles.

Jay Sloan

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I received $200 for my cracked Note2, so I'm pretty pleased. Figure I can use that bill credit to payoff the good majority of the phone and I can always sell it outright and get something else if I'm not real happy with the device and still end up on top. New device is being delivered on Monday!

Posted via Android Central App

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

FWIW, I paid $548 two wks ago, with $24 leather upgrade and UPGRADE $100 promo. In order to take advantage of this $200 better Black Friday deal, Verizon Customer Care today required me to order a *second* and *identical* DT2 at $348 thru Moto Maker, and "worry free return" my *first* DT2 to a retail store before my 14 day return period ends next Tues. Further, they said my original $200 trade-in application is still valid (cracked screen HTC Trophy).

IMO Verizon would have saved themselves money and both of us hassle to simply issue me a $200 credit, but their system simply can't do it. So, next week they get to take back a barely used DT2, and I get to go through configuring an identical one all over again. :(

gimme2more

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

FWIW, I paid $548 two wks ago, with $24 leather upgrade and UPGRADE $100 promo. In order to take advantage of this $200 better Black Friday deal, Verizon Customer Care today required me to order a *second* and *identical* DT2 at $348 thru Moto Maker, and "worry free return" my *first* DT2 to a retail store before my 14 day return period ends next Tues. Further, they said my original $200 trade-in application is still valid (cracked screen HTC Trophy).

IMO Verizon would have saved themselves money and both of us hassle to simply issue me a $200 credit, but their system simply can't do it. So, next week they get to take back a barely used DT2, and I get to go through configuring an identical one all over again. :(

Yah, makes no sense at all. I almost bought it 2 weeks ago when I got the upgrade code but I asked if they would do a price adjustment if Blk Fri was better & they said no. I heard the cracked screen promo was ending, so I thought I'd lose that $200 and end up paying the same anyway. Glad they kept it, but there should be a better way to accommodate price adjustments.

I really really need a new phone and made myself wait.

Plenty of people bought right away at $26/mo (like one poster above on this string & it just sours the experience. The phone has only been out for a month. At least offer a gift card or something...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech