Speck Candyshell Grip is here! No maybe, it's here!

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Amazon.com: Speck Products 73457-B565 CandyShell Grip Case for Motorola Droid Turbo 2, Black/Slate Grey: Cell Phones & Accessories

EDIT: SEE POST 10

This description says Turbo 2, but the pic shows the original Turbo. I emailed Amazon to find out. I got this response in about 3 hours, at 4 am, so I don't think they really know. Anyway, I'll let you guys know Tuesday evening, though I'm not too hopeful that this is legit, as neither VZ nor Speck has it on their website.

...."Hello,

.....I understand your concern regarding the product description.
.....I've checked with the seller and can confirm that the product is actually for the Turbo 2. Be assured.
.....Once you received your package and if you face any issue with the case let us know and we will help you with full .....refund without deducting any charges."

For those not familiar with his popular case, it's a little thicker than a typical silicone/TPU case, is more rugged, and has the best grip out there. - not quite as bulky as the Otter Box or Dual case types. If you go to a Verizon store you can check out the Speck Candyshell Grip for other phones they have, like the MAXX or Galaxy to get a feel for it.

EDIT: SEE POST 10

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Speck Candyshell Grip is here! Maybe

I'd stay away. Speck doesn't have any cases for the Turbo 2 on their site (though they have one for the Maxx 2.)

I'd email Speck and see if they actually do have them before I'd buy one from some random seller on Amazon.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Well, there's really no downside with an Amazon order, and this is fulfilled by Amazon and Speck, so it's not a random seller. Anyway, it's on its way. I'm not expecting it to be the right one but there's no real risk here.

bubbad3

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if this is the same case as it looks different in the link... But I just picked up this case today. My local Verizon store has all black, a pinkish purple, and this dark green color. The green has either this yellow trim, or a darker green.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 225.jpg
    225.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 46

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

No, talking about the Candyshell Grip. Like I said, I think Amazon is wrong but it won't cost me anything to return it.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Yep - the Speck website doesn't show anything yet for the Turbo 2 - even that other model that Verizon is selling. If you Google the candyshell grip for the Turbo 2, you can find this page:

CandyShell Grip Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Cases

It looks like they're setting up the page, but so far it's not even findable via the website's own navigation -- just findable via Google so far...

Jon

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Diztronic just put their Turbo 2 case up for pre-order on Amazon. I've had their Maxx and OG Turbo cases and they're fantastic.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if this is the same case as it looks different in the link... But I just picked up this case today. My local Verizon store has all black, a pinkish purple, and this dark green color. The green has either this yellow trim, or a darker green.

Yep the VZ stores have these. I didn't like the color combos they had so l went with the all black Incipio Dualpro.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

BAMM! Amazon came through, with all its grippy glory.

And it fit's near perfect in a Galaxy Note 3 Seidio Dilex holster.

I ordered it on 11/29 at 4am and I got it on the 30th. Beautiful fit, not as big as I though it would be. Use the Amazon link above.

I guess Speck didn't want everyone using any promo codes from their website yet. Also bites because I get a 25% discount from Verizon. Oh well, I'm thrilled to have it.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Nice! I may have to look into one of those later on. Have one for my gs6 and liked it

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

I'd stay away. Speck doesn't have any cases for the Turbo 2 on their site (though they have one for the Maxx 2.)

I'd email Speck and see if they actually do have them before I'd buy one from some random seller on Amazon.

See post 10.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been wanting one, but last i looked the candy shell wasn't out yet. I love the grip it gives! I've got one for my note5 and old turbo and they are great!

Moto Droid Turbo 2

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've been wanting one, but last i looked the candy shell wasn't out yet. I love the grip it gives! I've got one for my note5 and old turbo and they are great!

Moto Droid Turbo 2

Link on first post. The picture is wrong, but as seen in post 10, it's the real deal. I have it in my hands now.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Is it a clear shell? It's hard to tell from the picture.

No, it's either black with grey stripes, or white with black stripes.

For anybody with whom grip is their ultimate goal, there really isn't anything out there better than this,

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm intrigued, but this is still sort of weird. I wrote to Speck (via their website) and asked about this. The reply I got overnight:

Speck Customer Service via freshdesk.com
4:23 PM (1 hour ago)

Currently we do not have them and we are still expecting them in.
please sign up with the notify me prompt and you will receive an email as soon as they are available

mike | customer service dude
(*) SPECK | Designed for Impact™
177 Bovet Rd. Suite 200 | San Mateo CA
1-888-872-4445
Protective Cases for iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Samsung | Speck Products

I wrote back to mention this thread and the tessco website. Also noted that the "notify me" part of their web page still doesn't work. Also: if you go to the search box on their website, they don't list ANY products for the turbo 2 -- even the one carrier by Verizon...

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes, very odd. All I can tell you is that the one on Amazon's site, even though pictured for the T1, definitely shipped and fit my T2. I would suggest checking the Amazon link in my OP several times a day

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing it on the Tessco site (and that's a legitimate company), as well as a few other obscure one. It does seem to be "leaking" into the marketplace. Not sure how that happens without Speck employees knowing about it - but if the case is the real deal, fits well and looks good, that's great! I'd love to see one in person before buying, but I'm pretty confident I'll try one when they're more readily available.

Jon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma