Signal and WiFi

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
My WiFi signal and strength are far superior to my Turbo 1. Not sure that the 4G signal and strength is as good, but hasn't been a problem that I know of.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My WiFi signal and strength are far superior to my Turbo 1. Not sure that the 4G signal and strength is as good, but hasn't been a problem that I know of.

I recall reading that the turbo was worse than the droid Maxx. It would be interesting for somebody who came from that phone to chime in...

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I recall reading that the turbo was worse than the droid Maxx. It would be interesting for somebody who came from that phone to chime in...
I've used all 3 (Maxx, T1, T2) and I never noticed much difference from phone to phone, although I never did any kind of meaningful comparison. I live and work in a pretty strong LTE area, but I do a lot of rural traveling.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I've used all 3 (Maxx, T1, T2) and I never noticed much difference from phone to phone, although I never did any kind of meaningful comparison. I live and work in a pretty strong LTE area, but I do a lot of rural traveling.

On your rural travels, how signal

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I cam from the Maxx and wifi is definitely superior on the T2. 4G reception doesn't seem to be as good. I drop to 3G in spots where my wife's Note 4 holds 4G. Hoping the Marshmallow update comes with an improved baseband.

honda1k

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I cam from the Maxx and wifi is definitely superior on the T2. 4G reception doesn't seem to be as good. I drop to 3G in spots where my wife's Note 4 holds 4G. Hoping the Marshmallow update comes with an improved baseband.

You can say that again. My maxx had wifi issues. Always thought maybe it was my router, but no one else at my house had a problem. My turbo2 I never have a problem.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
While we won't go as far as comparing Wi-Fi signal strength issues with an actual health epidemic, it is fair to say that it's a recurring problem that millions of people clash with on a daily basis. Whether it's a poorly performing router, or an anemic Wi-Fi antenna in your smartphone, the reasons that contribute to poor connectivity are varied and large in number. It's not surprising, then, that the internet is filled with advice on how to solve this.

Starting with how your home or work router is positioned, through the type of materials used with your walls, down to what's sitting next to the router itself — all can contribute to a poor connection. Physics play their part, and it's physics that we'll be conquering today, instead of relying on any of the many Wi-Fi 'optimzer' apps available online that often make questionable claims. Instead of going through the headache of checking each and every one of them to see if they deliver, we'll instead give you one of the surest ways to ensure that your home or work Wi-Fi signal reaches your smartphone. We've been using the following tweak for many years, and it's one of very few foolproof tweaks that will actually net you better signal strength.

The tweak?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante