Accessories: Car Dock/Charging Mount for Turbo 2?

msimpsonnj

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a car dock/charging mount that they like for use with this phone? I'm a bit spoiled coming from an HTC One M8 because HTC made the best car dock ever for that phone - simple, low profile, and very well made, and it worked like a charm. Anyway, looking for one for this phone, already returned the iBolt mPro NFC Android Charging Mount - it's big and bulky and looks cheaply made (it looks like something made with an erector set). It also didn't seem to hold the phone in very securely, though I will admit I did not take much time to try to tweak it and adjust it too much.

Anyway, would welcome recommendations...

Mark

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I use the iOttie Easy One Touch in my '10 Suburban with my T2. It supports my phone well and has wireless Qi charging. No complaints.

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I second that recommendation. The Choetech's charging coils weren't in the right spot to initiate a charge, so I always had to mount it higher, then slide it down until the bottom hooks met the phone. No such problem with the iOttie.

msimpsonnj

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone - I think I found the answer. The iOttie Easy One Touch looks good, but for my blood it still has too many adjustments and it looks to me like as it gets extended out away from the base, it will just magnify the shake factor when the car hits bumps (which was a problem with the iBolt I returned). The answer (for me) is the Tylt Vu Wireless Charging Car Mount. It's simple, solid, and works great. No jostle at all and well made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair