Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It is a free feature.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully, we will have wifi calling soon too. Service is spotty at my office and this would be a welcome feature for me.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Think you have to have it activated in your MyVerizon account. Think the default position is on. If you have a Network Extender, it interferes with it and you have to turn it off to keep the Network Extender connected. WiFi calling on the way.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Think you have to have it activated in your MyVerizon account. Think the default position is on. If you have a Network Extender, it interferes with it and you have to turn it off to keep the Network Extender connected. WiFi calling on the way.

Ok thanks! Ps what's a network extender?

Posted via the Android Central App

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
A Network Extender is a device that acts like a mini-cell tower. It is for use in areas where your phone signal is really marginal. It plugs into your computer and uses the internet and Verizon to setup a femtocell which is a min-cell signal. Works quite well. The one I have is made by Samsung for Verizon and originally cost me $250. Once wi-fi calling is implemented, they will be obsolete.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
A Network Extender is a device that acts like a mini-cell tower. It is for use in areas where your phone signal is really marginal. It plugs into your computer and uses the internet and Verizon to setup a femtocell which is a min-cell signal. Works quite well. The one I have is made by Samsung for Verizon and originally cost me $250. Once wi-fi calling is implemented, they will be obsolete.

Thanks! I was asking for my daughter who owns this turbo 2 and wants to activate advanced calling, she is on campus. What she has is a lame college wifi signal lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance