Can't play music I downloaded.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded quite a bit of music from my computer and it did not automatically go to the Google Play Music app like it does when I download songs from itunes using isyncr. To make matters worse, I'm using up 2.6 GB and I can't delete the music either. FYI, if I go to Settings/Storage/Audio/internal storage/music, I can see the songs but I can not play them or delete them.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Seems like I've always had trouble playing music through the Play Music app. It recognizes stuff you by through Google Play, but other stuff is sketchy. Try using a third party player. I like Poweramp

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Seems like I've always had trouble playing music through the Play Music app. It recognizes stuff you by through Google Play, but other stuff is sketchy. Try using a third party player. I like Poweramp

Thanks for the advice, you were right on. I just downloaded that app and I am now able to play the songs I downloaded. Weird.

Now to figure out how to transfer the music to my SD card in order to free up some memory..............

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
music downloaded via google music play, has to be deleted from within google play music itself. There are the "dots" on each playlist to pull up options, one of which is to delete from your phone. Also, there is a bug with google play music that causes music to not show up in it. The fix has been to go into your phones system settings>apps>google play music, and delete data/cache(this wont delete your music). Then go back into Play music and it will rescan your phone memory for music/playlists and repopulate the menus.

I used to use google play music exclusively, but lately it wont play my music correctly, some songs it plays the first 5 seconds, and then skips to the next song in the playlist. I started using Rocket Player, on the same music and playlists, and it works fine.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, you were right on. I just downloaded that app and I am now able to play the songs I downloaded. Weird.

Now to figure out how to transfer the music to my SD card in order to free up some memory..............

Re-download with isyncr, and specify the SD card as the destination. otherwise your next sync you may end up with two copies on your phone(internal and SD card).

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go to Settings, Storage, then scroll down: I believe there is an option to move media from phone to SD card.

Screenshot_2016-01-15-15-45-15.jpg

A dialog box pops up asking which media you want to move.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
If you go to Settings, Storage, then scroll down: I believe there is an option to move media from phone to SD card.

View attachment 213389

A dialog box pops up asking which media you want to move.
I did that to transfer videos to the SD card, but that did not work for my music. For whatever reason, the music wouldn't highlight. It was like the phone did not know it was there.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. This is one things I like about this site, there are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people. In fact, if you do a Google search for something like this, you will often see answers from Android Central. Anyway, this is what ended up working.

1. I downloaded Poweramp and that located and played the songs I downloaded, unlike Google Play Music.

2. Next, I plugged the phone into my computer with a USB cable and that showed the phone, internal storage and SD card. From the internal storage I located the music file folder and simply dragged and dropped the music on to the SD card. After I put the music on the SD card, I deleted the music in the internal storage.

Hope this thread helps someone else too.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually, if you open Google Play music and turn on Downloaded Only, it'll play music that you've physically downloaded to the device, either from Google Play or elsewhere.

Posted via the Android Central App

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, if you open Google Play music and turn on Downloaded Only, it'll play music that you've physically downloaded to the device, either from Google Play or elsewhere.

Posted via the Android Central App

I tried that, but that didn't seem to work either. I wiped cache, disabled, etc. and for whatever reason Google Play didn't want to pick up my downloaded songs.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol