Moto X Force XT 1580 on verizon network

Gehangin

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I didn't see a Force category, so I am posting here since the Force is essentially the Turbo 2.

I have a X Force 64gb dual sim.
Question is, if I pop my Verizon sim into it, will the xt 1580 work on the Verizon network?
2 of the 3 LTE bands seem to match.
I know there is no CDMA support on the 1580, but still asking (been confused on the GSM/CDMA thing ever since the jump to LTE). It would be incredibly useful to me if the 1580 actually worked on the VZ network in the States.
Thanks

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
It will work, but keep in mind that the CDMA network is being kept around for a reason: their LTE coverage still isn't as broad as the CDMA network is. So once you lose LTE coverage, you have zero cell service, even for calls and texts. This can be a major problem if you don't live in a densely populated area.

However, the X Force has 100% compatibility with the two GSM carriers here, AT&T and T-Mobile. Why not go with one of those instead? They're cheaper than Verizon too.

Gehangin

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
However, the X Force has 100% compatibility with the two GSM carriers here, AT&T and T-Mobile. Why not go with one of those instead? They're cheaper than Verizon too.

I have grandfathered unlimited data from Verizon and I want to keep it. Additionally, I feel that Verizon has superior network and coverage.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling it won't work but try your SIM and let us know.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance