Mostly unsatisfied with DT2 :( (coming from great Droid Maxx experience)

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
DT2 just isn't as well tuned as the Droid Maxx was, in my experience, across performance, stability, and battery life.

My 2yr old Maxx on KitKat was as fast (or faster), smoother, more reliable, and nearly equal battery life as my new DT2, in daily use since November.

My DT2 experiences frustrating lags and device crashes much more than I ever noticed on the Maxx, except when its free storage dropped below 4-5GB. (Running DT2 with 8+ GB free.)

Browser pages and apps seem to constantly need to reload/refresh on DT2 when switching back to them. I don't remember this happening anywhere near as much on Maxx.

I often miss photos when the DT2 camera won't start promptly after hand twist.

OK Google Now voice rec is noticeably worse for me DT2. Maxx seemed to amazingly nail it every time.

And just weird pauses, lags, and intermittent strange behaviors that interfere with smooth normal activities.

I can't think of any config differences between my DT2 and Maxx, same apps, usage patterns, Bluetooth devices, etc.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you have a dodgy DT2 which is just full of problems. Maybe see if you can change it for another one that works properly.

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
One thing to consider is to go through settings / apps and start disabling the bloatware. That is one significant decline since the Droid Maxx - the amount of preinstalled bloatware.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
DT2 just isn't as well tuned as the Droid Maxx was, in my experience, across performance, stability, and battery life.

My 2yr old Maxx on KitKat was as fast (or faster), smoother, more reliable, and nearly equal battery life as my new DT2, in daily use since November.

My DT2 experiences frustrating lags and device crashes much more than I ever noticed on the Maxx, except when its free storage dropped below 4-5GB. (Running DT2 with 8+ GB free.)

Browser pages and apps seem to constantly need to reload/refresh on DT2 when switching back to them. I don't remember this happening anywhere near as much on Maxx.

I often miss photos when the DT2 camera won't start promptly after hand twist.

OK Google Now voice rec is noticeably worse for me DT2. Maxx seemed to amazingly nail it every time.

And just weird pauses, lags, and intermittent strange behaviors that interfere with smooth normal activities.

I can't think of any config differences between my DT2 and Maxx, same apps, usage patterns, Bluetooth devices, etc.

Sounds like your device is having issues that are not at all indicative of the typical performance you should be experiencing with DT2. I had a Maxx for over a year, and it might be my favorite phone ever because it was such a big leap at the time being the first phone to have the suite of Moto features which have now become standard on their phones since then. But the DT2 is noticeably faster, and never lags in the slightest, just like my Maxx, and obviously a much better screen and camera. And the build quality is fantastic. Not that the Maxx's wasn't. I really loved the Kevlar. The camera twist feature works just as well too. Battery wise, the Maxx was better when I first got it, but I've never had to charge up my DT2 in the middle of the day, so it doesn't bother me at all. I would factory reset it you just got it, or do what the last poster said and try to weed out any apps that might be having this negative effect.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Part of the issue with the DT2 is that it is infinitely more powerful than the Droid Maxx. It also has a bigger screen, but only 260 more mah in the battery. I think that the DT2 is a huge step up from the Maxx in every respect except the battery.

But yes, I would agree that the battery life on the DT2 is not as good as the original Maxx or the original Turbo.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My experience with the DT2 has also been generally superb. Extremely fast, no lag, only a couple of restarts that I'm aware of since purchasing 3 of these in mid-November - and all three get very heavy use, Battery life may not be up to what you experienced before, but this is large high res screen, and I average about 4.5 hours screen-on time in a 17 hour day, with the system forecasting another 18 to 20 hours of battery life remaining.

I leave WiFi, BT, GPS / location, all on - all the time. Screen brightness about 50% with adaptive brightness turned on. No Facebook app installed, but I have Google News/Weather, Guardian News, Google+ and Flipboard all live and updating throughout the day. GMail handles a couple of accounts for me, and I use Nine email for my Exchange server account -- loads of email every day.

Almost forgot: I also have Google Keep, Google Drive, Hangouts, Google Voice, Open Voice, Google Play Music and Play Books all live and syncing as well...

Only other thing: I've disabled many of the Verizon apps. Aside from this, no special customizations.

Jon

pawdog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not normal at all. Looks like a factory reset is in order. All the other suggestions In the thread should be done too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995