New Droid user - few questions

kilimanj99

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Hey all, just switched over from a Samsung. So far I like this a lot but some things are very different and I haven't been able to find or figure out how to do a few things if they are even possible. Any guidance on the below would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

1. Whenever I get a notification from downloaded apps (not built in ones like sms, phone, or email) I get the chosen notification tone but it always vibrates too. How do I turn off the vibrating?

2. I like the NEXT lock screen but with my company policy I'm forced to have the default lock screen enabled. Is there a way to remove the swipe screen so I don't have to swipe twice, or is there a way to add weather, a flashlight, some other buttons to the default swipe screen? How about having different images on the lock screen as apposed to the home screens.

Looks like I figured out everything else on my list. Thanks again for any solutions.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Whenever I get a notification from downloaded apps (not built in ones like sms, phone, or email) I get the chosen notification tone but it always vibrates too. How do I turn off the vibrating?
The same in all Android phones - in the app. Each app has its own setting for vibration on or off.

2. I like the NEXT lock screen but with my company policy I'm forced to have the default lock screen enabled. Is there a way to remove the swipe screen so I don't have to swipe twice
Not if you follow company policy. (If you can root the phone, Tasker can automate it for you, so when you're at home, there's no keyguard - you turn the screen on [with the power button] and you're in the home screen. Away from home, for your own security, you have a pin or password screen. At work [it can pick up the workplace's wifi signal] it can revert to what the company wants.)

As for different icons on the lock screen, it probably can be done, but I haven't used a Droid in so long that what I did years ago wouldn't apply today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance