Why is my brand new Droid Turbo 2's battery draining so fast?

A

AC Question

Hey guys, I just today got a new Droid Turbo 2, upgrading from an HTC One M8 that had suffered from serious battery degradation. I chose the Turbo 2 specifically because of its purportedly stellar battery life. When I first took it out of the box, it had about 44% battery. I noticed as we set it up in the store that it had drained down to 39% in that short time. I took it home and charged it up to 100%. It's draining by single digits in my hand as I watch -- I'm talking from 100% to 93% in about 5 minutes. What's going on? Did I get a dud? The battery monitor says "93% - about two hours left." Any ideas? Should I do a factory reset?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll post this here. It looks like it worked. But I'm not sure. I used my phone more today so it might have effected to usage.

I turned off location history. Wifi always scanning. Attentive dispaly. And approach for moto display to see if I could get better battery life.

I would assume turning off location and wifi always scanning would lower Google services batteryvusgae. As today my screen was above this for the very first time since I got the phone on launch day. However today I did use my phone more so that could be a reason too. But Google service was 15% and it's usually over 20%.

Does location history and wifi always scanning help battery life when you turn them off? (My wifi still shows on in battery statistics though hmmm).

jasonmhanes

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a turbo t is about a month old....off of a full charge with little use it will drain to 90% in less than an hour...anyone know what our problem could be ??

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
You shouldn't have to turn those things off. I measure phone life by how much "screen time" I get from my phone. I usually get about 5-6 hours. That's with everything on except blue tooth.