Why can't I call and surf using data at the same time?

jiveturkey692000

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from a maxx which was awesome. And I'm trying to get used to this T2. I've looked for this answer and I know it's here somewhere. I'm so used to being on speaker phone and using the internet at the same time. Why can't I do this with the turbo 2? What am I missing?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You have to turn on "Advanced Calling" so the phone will use VoLTE on Verizon. That way you can then use data while on a call.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Activating VoLTE (Advanced Calling) is the only way that you will have data and calling when away from WiFi. And you have to have a strong 4G signal. The T2 only has one radio, just like its predecessor the T1. Same deal with the Galaxy S6. Verizon's phones are only getting one radio. Everything is going to voice over LTE.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Activating VoLTE (Advanced Calling) is the only way that you will have data and calling when away from WiFi. And you have to have a strong 4G signal. The T2 only has one radio, just like its predecessor the T1. Same deal with the Galaxy S6. Verizon's phones are only getting one radio. Everything is going to voice over LTE.

Someone did a blog post... that mentioned that the BlackBerry PRIV being sold unlocked worked fine on Verizon and it doesn't have CDMA. You'd have to life and travel where there is always a strong LTE Signal....

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else hate the sound quality of hd calling? It's making me want to move to another phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

frankemtp

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have found the HD calling to be superb. The superb quality is most evident when you are speaking with another VOLTE user.

Last edited:

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
See I'm just the opposite, my wife and I both use HD calling on our T2s. Sounds extremely odd to me, buy maybe because I'm used to the sound of a typical call.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech