6.0 Marshmallow: How's your battery life after the update?

jasperjuice

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have tried rebooting multiple times to see if the update settles itself down. I hate doing factory resets so much. I am still having some heat issues not as hot as before but still warm. I will see what tomorrow deals me before I make the dreaded decision.

Posted via the Android Central App

Robert Beier

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Seems noticeably better to me, but haven't really put it through its paces yet. Will have a better idea after my next road trip.

Stranjdays

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Definitely a lot worse after the update. Email app keep awake at 5 hours 30 minutes, used 1105 mAh - been off of charger for 14 hours. I do get 200+ emails a day, but was typically around the 75-80% range at worst after a typical day.

Also noticed that it burns through battery like crazy when using it in general, not just standby. CNN app for 5-7 minutes pulls 5-7% of my battery.

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I ran the software repair assistant on my wife's phone tonight to see if it helps with the terrible awake time and battery drain from the mobile radio. I'll give it a few days to settle in and report back.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I had huge wifi drains, even when wifi was turned off. cpu time would stay the same, but the battery mah use would continue to go up. I finally did a FDR, and it no longer shows up on the list. But what a PITA!

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
About the same no real difference but it was not bad before the update one thing I do notice it seems to wireless charge Quicker then before.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I really hardly notice a difference with anything at all on the phone since the update except for the progressive lag that I was getting is improved. Battery seems about the same. If I didn't know I did the update I'd hardly know anything was different on the phone.

LionelGeek

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
My battery life has taken a big hit after updating to Marshmallow, Looks like Bluetooth typically eats up about 20% of my battery or more. Even though I use BT quite a bit to stream music in the car, it definitely didn't use that much battery before the update. I'll try disabling BT for now to see how much it helps.But, I'm afraid I'll have to go the FDR route. Had similar battery drain problems when I updated my 2nd gen Moto X... tried several options, but the FDR was the only thing that fixed it as well.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
After switching back to my Turbo 2 for a temporary change of pace from my primary daily driver (Nexus 6p), it was my first time using it on marshmallow. Battery life was disappointing to say the least: 2 hours SOT over 14 hours total. It ran pretty hot as well. This is with normal usage that's netted me 5+ hours SOT before the update. I'm switching back to the 6p after just one day, but next time I decide to switch it up I'll perform a factory reset beforehand and see if that fixes things.

Posted via my Perfect-Except-for-Verizon-and-Lenovo Droid Turbo 2

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed a problem with the battery - until today. All of a sudden battery life has gone into the toilet. Like others here I'm seeing a large hit from WiFi and Bluetooth. It's weird that I haven't noticed it before today. I don't know what's changed (other than the MM update of course) but its definitely bad.

srt8-in-largo

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
The Marshmellow update is definitely causing many phones to turn on wireless transmitters, and leaving them on. For me it's cell signal and WiFi. If I used Bluetooth I would not be surprised if that was on for me too. What's odd is that there does not appear to be any particular app that's using any of these wireless links. I don't see unusual data usage. I just see the antennas turned on, transmitting who knows what to who knows where.

Turn ON airplane mode and monitor the phone for an hour or so; you should see battery usage go back to normal. Airplane mode shuts down all wireless... Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi, Cell Signal, etc. Turn airplane mode OFF and the antennas turn back on. WHY??