6.0 Marshmallow: How's your battery life after the update?

jasonmhanes

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
How bad is you ur battery life? I can get mine to last me about 1.5-2 days with average use. If I use it lightly I have gotten it to last me over 50 hours (with turning on battery saver around 25% left on the battery)

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: 6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2

How bad is you ur battery life? I can get mine to last me about 1.5-2 days with average use. If I use it lightly I have gotten it to last me over 50 hours (with turning on battery saver around 25% left on the battery)

My battery life seemed to have taken a huge hit.
Its draining like crazy now.
Would a factory reset help?

frankemtp

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

You should consider an FDR. I have read that FDRs are easier with 6.0. Personally battery is better on 6.0.

abwchris

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

So far I've had the update for a shade under 24 hours and I've noticed the standby time is better, but the battery drain when using the phone has increased. Going to give the update a few more days to settle in and see if the drain levels off before resetting it.

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

So far I've had the update for a shade under 24 hours and I've noticed the standby time is better, but the battery drain when using the phone has increased. Going to give the update a few more days to settle in and see if the drain levels off before resetting it.

Im having the battery drain like crazy during use but still draining more durin standby.
Gonna try to do a FDR.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Regarding battery drain: in Settings/Location/3 dots/Scanning: if you click on Scanning, you will see that there is an option for Bluetooth and WiFi scanning. the Bluetooth scanning is a new option. I personally, do not have either enabled. Also, under Mode, you will see that for High accuracy that Bluetooth has been added. This is also new with MM.

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

Regarding battery drain: in Settings/Location/3 dots/Scanning: if you click on Scanning, you will see that there is an option for Bluetooth and WiFi scanning. the Bluetooth scanning is a new option. I personally, do not have either enabled. Also, under Mode, you will see that for High accuracy that Bluetooth has been added. This is also new with MM.

Those settings are all off by default so it cant be the reason for my battery drain.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Anyone know how i can recalibrate the battery on the dt2?

Battery recalibration is always the same: let the battery drain until it warns you that it will shut down. (It helps to turn off battery saving and do something like watch a video or something actively to get it to drain.) When it shuts down, plug it in to charge for a complete, 100% charge without removing it from power. That should reset the phone's guesstimate of how much power is left.

Don't expect miracles. You usually know that you have a problem with calibration when the phone suddenly dies when it says that it has plenty of power left, or drains unexpectedly and inconsistently with your use, or if it gets down to, say, 1% and then runs forever at 1%. It's more likely than not that your phone is properly calibrated.

Last edited:

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Still maybe too soon to tell but I took my phone off charge at 5am. I have been streaming Play Music, Pocket Cast and Tunein Radio all day on cell network. It's now 4 30 PM and I am sitting 50% battery. I'm happy with that.!

Posted via the Android Central App

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Haven't put a sim in mine as I'm currently using my 6P as my daily driver but I've still fiddled with my updated Turbo 2 on Wifi. I haven't done a FDR yet but battery life hasn't changed noticeably for me.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

jasperjuice

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My battery is absolutely horrible since the update. Took off charger before bed. Made sure all apps closed. 5 hours of sleep and when I woke up it was at 43%. So much for doze. Charged to 100% at 3:30pm now at 6:30pm I have 35% with medium use. Do not want to do a reset because it's too much of a hassle. I was really looking forward to this update now not so much. Will give it a few days before I decide what to do.

jasperjuice

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
And forgot to mention that the phone is an inferno when using it. The back is soooo hot it's almost uncomfortable to hold it for a period of time.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
And forgot to mention that the phone is an inferno when using it. The back is soooo hot it's almost uncomfortable to hold it for a period of time.

I know it's a pain, but I'm confident that a FDR would fix the issue. I always do a FDR after a major update to guarantee the best possible phone afterwards.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
It's a lot less of a pain to FDR than it is to deal with your battery issues. Besides, if you get a different device you're going to have to go through the set up process anyway.

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the turbo 2 and I updated it yesterday evening for her. I charged it all the way up while updating and initial boot up. Off the charger at about 9pm and the phone sat idle until about 530am. She only lost a couple % in that time so I thought it was all set. Nope. She got home from work and at 430pm and had 58% left with only 54 mins of SOT. I have gsam installed so checked that out versus the built in battery monitor but both had the "phone idle" and "cell standby" way up in usage. Gsam reported the phone radio used 48% of her battery usage to that point and the phone was held awake nearly 7 hours. My 6P in comparison gets on average 4.5 to 5.5 hours SOT and the phone radio used approx 2% of battery and right now I'm at 1:15 held awake. I have 17% left as I type this and my phone has been unplugged since 230am today. I know there used to be a bug in the preview versions of MM that would cause this but it was supposed to fixed with the final release and I clearly do not have this issue with my 6P. She hates the idea of an FDR but I'm wondering if the software repair assistant would correct this issue without the loss of data. Anyone have any thoughts on this before I entertain an FDR?

gman101010

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I use my Droid Turbo 2 very little but so far the battery life has been fantastic following the upgrade. After a full night on the wireless charger I'm sitting at 90% following 12 hours in my pocket. A few text messages, a few CNN and financial updates, a few application interactions. At this drain rate I'll be able to go to charging every other day.:)