Droid Turbo 2 or marshmallow problem

A

AC Question

I just got my Droid Turbo to a few days before the marshmallow came out . the volume control for the notifications and the ringtone are all one now they have never been like that on any other phone.
I don't like them having to be the same sometimes I want my volume for ringer down and the notifications up

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's actually standard for Android--it's how it's set up on Nexus devices. But I agree, it's nice to have separate volume controls for those.

Try an app like Volume Control.

pico99

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Just upgraded to Marshallow and found that the option to set the vol for ringer and notifications the same has indeed been removed. Used to be a checkbox where if checked would make them the same, if not, you could adjust them separately (or maybe it was the opposite: if the box is checked you can set them separately). Going to miss that option. Wonder who thought it would be a good idea to drop it??

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been unhappy with the stock volume management for years and several different phones. Have been using Volume Ace for years with no problem. Always works and does just what I want. I set up specific profiles with the exact volumes that I want for certain situations. Throw a widget up that can either toggle or bring up a list of options. Also, the widget shows what profile you are currently in. That way I can easily see if my phone is set up to be quiet for a meeting, or loud for being outside in a noisy area.

Screenshot_20160311-113906.jpg

Screenshot_20160311-113221.jpg

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been unhappy with the stock volume management for years and several different phones. Have been using Volume Ace for years with no problem. Always works and does just what I want. I set up specific profiles with the exact volumes that I want for certain situations. Throw a widget up that can either toggle or bring up a list of options. Also, the widget shows what profile you are currently in. That way I can easily see if my phone is set up to be quiet for a meeting, or loud for being outside in a noisy area.

View attachment 219748

Very nice I think I'll try this. See any issues with battery drain using the widget?

View attachment 219747

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I also have Volume Ace, and I noticed that while I could separately set the Ringer and Notification volume on my Droid Maxx on KitKat, on the Turbo 2 on LolliPop and now Marshmallow, they are locked together.