Full volume is much lower after upgrade

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I was watching a video after the update and thought the same thing, i haven't noticed it with notifications though.

Posted via the Android Central App

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be a bug with the volume settings in marshmallow. Sometimes they volumes will seem lower than their setting. Overall, the only change is that call volume has a higher max (8 steps instead of 7). Try safe mode and see if your volume is normal again. My notification volume will sometimes seem lower than the setting, but the next day it will be fine.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I just did the Marshmallow update a couple of days ago, and haven't noticed any difference in volume. Calls seem to be about the same. I listened to music on headphones (PSB M4U2) from Google Play Music on 3 flights this week since the update, and audio seems the same for that setup. I used my bluetooth speakerphone (Jabra 510) with the DT2 updated to Marshmallow for several conference calls and THAT sounds the same. I finally just pulled up a Youtube video (Anna Nalick, Breathe / 2AM) and listened just on the phone speakers - and it's nice, loud and clear.

Edit: also used for numerous calls since the update - all seemed normal.

I wonder what's causing the intermittent results you're experiencing?

Last edited: