Can't delete songs from internal storage

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I finally got all my iTunes music over but it's saved to the internal memory. Managed to move it all to my SD card but it's still on the internal storage too how can I delete it coz when I select delete I get a message saying unable to delete some media. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how you moved the files over, but since the phone is brand new and you've barely used it, one quick method is to do a factory data refresh and start over, but this time when you sync the music over do it instead to the SD card.

(Yeah, I know, factory reset is a pain, but I just wanted to give one option to fix the problem..)

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
On most devices removing files from internal storage has to performed via USB connection to a PC or laptop to remove those files.

So I need to link my phone up to the computer which is fine I can do that but then how would I delete or move the songs off the internal storage? Do I drag & drop them into a folder I make or is there another way?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure how you moved the files over, but since the phone is brand new and you've barely used it, one quick method is to do a factory data refresh and start over, but this time when you sync the music over do it instead to the SD card.

(Yeah, I know, factory reset is a pain, but I just wanted to give one option to fix the problem..)

I used the clone it app to get all my songs over from my old phone then I went in to settings, storage & USB then clicked on SD card then clicked on the 3 little dots & hit settings & there was an option to move media & songs was highlighted so selected that & all 420 songs moved to the SD card in a folder called music.

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi sorry for the delay but yes connect your device to your PC or laptop. If you haven't already connected the device before. Drivers will be download to the PC or Laptop so the device can interact with each other. When connectivity has been performed your USB will open in the F:\\ location and there yor will see your device name. 1) Will be the phone storage 2) Will be the SD storage if you're using a Windows platform PC / Laptop. Go into phone storage that may be under your media file and there look for the music you want to delete. Hard resetting would be the last option if nothing else works Hit me back if you run into any issues while trying to remove those music files. Click on the file then right click, a pop up window should appear asking what you want to do with it. Click the delete option.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Will probably do this at the weekend as i'll have more time then. What is a hard reset?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
OK tried it & got this come up

7296.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture but I've selected my phone model number & it says this file is empty. Where do I go from here? Please help.