Android 6.0 broke/breaks bluetooth and audio

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I've been searching and so far the closest thing I've found to my issue is this:

updates - Android 6.0 -- Bluetooth broken causes audio to not work correctly after connecting to car. How to rollback to previous firmware or fix BT glitches - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Has anyone else had this issue?

I recently got in a refurbished phone after my previous droid 2 randomly died on me.

I've been a droid user since day one but right now I am thinking it might be time to switch to apple and I hate apple :(

Robert Beier

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
And what, if anything, have you tried so far to fix it? I had a few issues with Bluetooth that seem a bit worse since upgrading. I dissociated the phone from my car bluetooth and then paired them back up. I also changed the setting under 'Developer Options' for the Background Process Limit from 'Standard Limit' to 'No Background Processes'. Both of these changes seem to have helped a lot and I hardly have any more issues.

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I've tried everything you said.

I've tried doing the factory reset and a few things too.

But the moment blue tooth hits the car and you disconnect it breaks the phone till you reboot.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
d50b745bd24dc099b4ce81e2ae93346e.jpg

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I don't use voice. So I don't see how that fixes the problem. The readout is fine. But if I connect to the car then turn car off and someone calls me, I can't hear them, they can't hear me. It's like it is still trying to send to bluetooth despite the disconnect.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't use voice. So I don't see how that fixes the problem. The readout is fine. But if I connect to the car then turn car off and someone calls me, I can't hear them, they can't hear me. It's like it is still trying to send to bluetooth despite the disconnect.

Any chance that you can see if there is an update to the car audio system? It may be that there is an update to the BT firmware in the car that supports what Android is doing better.

It's really too bad that you can't use voice controls to toggle BT on and off (at least I think that you can't). Because then you could at least use voice to turn off BT before you turn off the car and maybe at least prevent having to restart the phone.

It's still a PITA for you, though.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear you are having issues after the update. It must be a hit or miss thing because I am not having any of those issues with the BT and car connection/disconnection at all. Mine works perfect just like it did before the update.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have had this same issue under lollipop on an HTC M8 and a Toyota Matrix. Whenever the car took over. I had to reboot the phone every time to work correctly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Never found a fix.

I now have the DT2 and a Chevy Sonic with no connection issues.

Last edited: